Thursday, January 31, 2008

Construction Day 2

So, here is yeasterday's work. As you can see we got a new water heater. Our old 40 gallon one had a bad thermostat and was 14 years old so we upgraded to a 50 gallon new one. Not the most glam change but I love it cuz I love to soak in the tub with really hot water. This is one thing where bigger really is better, in my opinion.
We also replaced a couple of valves and water lines below a sink in our bathroom but I didn't put pics cuz everyone knows what that looks like. If you don't then go take a look under your own sink and that will give you a pretty good idea.

We also got a new door put on the pantry. Yes, this is to replace the door that had a doggie entrance in it. Allowing animals into the panty is about the most disgusting idea anyone has ever had. I just don't get it. Talk about unsanitary. If you can think of something more gross please leave me a comment about it.

And last but not least, we had a new front door put on the house. I have to admit, I was not on board with the new front door. I thought the old one was fine but Brian really wanted a door with glass to let in a bit of light. So, I thought that I would humor him since he humors me all the time when I request he do odd things for me that he sees no logic in doing. I, also, have to admit, that I really like the new door with the light coming in. And it will look even better once I paint it red. I am adamant about having a red door. Just something that Brian gets to humor me with. Here, I also included some during pictures for your viewing enjoyment. There is a view from the inside and the outside.

5 comments:

Tamara said...

You are so ambitious! The changes look great. Keep the pictures coming!

Shelley said...

Busy, Busy!!! I love your new door! Can't wait to see it red. After all that's the way my kids recognize your house. :)
Everything looks great!

Crystal said...

Very nice! That is gross about the pantry door.

Val said...

Holy cow you guys have done a lot of work! I love the red door!

Stephanie Johnson said...

I love the new front door. I'm not normally a fan of doors with windows but I really like the door you picked out (it still allows privacy). The upgrades you made look great!

Watch Me As I Grow!

Me Too!!

Marriage Rocks!

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Enjoy the music. Requests welcome.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Work in progress

"To be angry is to yield to the influence of Satan. No one can make us angry. It is our choice. If we desire to have a proper spirit with us at all times, we must choose to refrain from becoming angry. I testify that such is possible."

--Thomas S. Monson