Saturday, August 30, 2008

Next stop: Nyon

Last night we were invited by the Roundy's (a couple from the states) to come and hang out with them at the pool. So we spent the better part of the afternoon on a little trip to the town of Nyon (pronounced Knee-own). Nyon is a small city about 15 minutes outside of Geneva by train. The Roundy's came and picked us up at the train station and took us to the pool when we arrived.

James got to take his very first train ride, and I think that he rather enjoyed it. He was very interested in everything around him, including the scenery that seemed to just zip past us. Doesn't he look like a little man sitting there on the train?

James loved splishing and splashing in the kiddie pool. I think he may have even partaken of some of the water to ensure it was indeed liquid. The bigger pool was really the main attraction. As you can see, the pool seems to just flow right into the lake, set in front of the scenic French Alps. Where we were situated, the other side of the lake is France, not Switzerland.



James was a good little man the whole afternoon. I think that he was awake for about 5.5 hours and didnt have a single meltdown or fit. When we got home, he had dinner and went straight down for the night. He is such a good little fella.

10 comments:

Em&Em said...

That pool looks like soo much fun. The pictures are beautiful.

Stephanie Johnson said...

It looks like fun. Gotta love the water and the scenery! I was curious as to the swim attire there and noticed that the men wear speedo looking things. I'm not even sure what they're called. LOL! So I guess you don't use car seats on public transportation?

Crystal said...

You aren't supposed to be having so much fun!! What's the incentive to come back? (Oh yeah, your death wish if you don't.)

Tamara said...

It looks breathtakingly beautiful there! Thanks for the update and keep the pics coming!

Brittany Roscheck said...

This is good for you to post about other places in the world Becky for all those people that lead a sheltered life and think that moving over seas is totally insane! I for one am dieing to come and visit you. That looks like a lot of fun! -wu

Heather said...

That's really beautiful! Looks like a lot of fun!

corrychronicles said...

That place looks so beautiful! I am jealous. I hope you guys have lots of fun there, keep updating us.

Shannon said...

How marvelous! You just got there and you're already having fun adventures. James looks so cute on the train, little big man!

charmy said...

That is an awesome looking pool, it looks like is one with the lake. How far apart are they really?

Eleanor said...

Becky-
This is Aunt Eleanor. I love your blog! I am impressed by the amount of things you have in it, it is great. I think your little guy is a doll! Geneva looks beautiful and I am jealous. I will be checking in on you once in awhile and I love feeling like I am there. Brian looks great-has he lost weight? How's your goals coming along. Derek, one of our 4 year olds, just got tubes again and he has a hearing deficit so we are searching for any and all info on that and autism-he is either meantally slow or autistic-still going through all of the testing. Keep us in your prayers-take care and we love you, Eleanor

Watch Me As I Grow!

Me Too!!

Marriage Rocks!

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Enjoy the music. Requests welcome.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Work in progress

"To be angry is to yield to the influence of Satan. No one can make us angry. It is our choice. If we desire to have a proper spirit with us at all times, we must choose to refrain from becoming angry. I testify that such is possible."

--Thomas S. Monson