Tuesday, September 2, 2008

United Nations

So, I just got back from a little trip to the United Nations European Headquarters here in Geneva. My new friend Harmony sent out the invite to go and check out the water feature that they have there. It just so happens to be at the end of the tram line that I live on so I thought that I would get James out for a couple of hours in the Geneva sun before it gets too cold for such outings.

Apparently the water feature sometimes doesn't run so our backup plan was to walk to the Geneva Botanical Gardens and explore them. I went there when I visited Geneva 10 years ago with my mom. But that will have to be an outing for another day as the water feature was on full blast today. It is one of those kinds that has the water shooting up out of the ground at random places and times.
James was very excited to see the water and he just started squealing right when we walked up. I dutifully put on his organic baby sunscreen and let him down to play in the water. He thought it was super cool except when he accidentally went over a jet that turned on under his head. It was funny to me but not to him. He didn't cry though just "ran" (army crawled) away as fast as he could. I think he had a lot of fun and we even got to have some pretty lively music as there was a very somber demonstration going on to the hippest music ever. As these demonstrators were solemnly marching around the square with the fountain we were in the middle playing and laughing and whatnot. You can see some of them marching in the background of the video.
It really was a nice little outing and I will probably do it again next summer when James can walk and really enjoy the water. Maybe sometime we can actually take a tour of the inside of the U.N. I will have to check into that for sure.
This is what James looked like on the way home. Apparently sunscreen is also a great gel for Bimmys hair. I just had to get a picture of him. Doesn't he look like the happiest, little, chubby baby ever? I think so.

7 comments:

Stephanie Johnson said...

Fun! Did you get to crawl on the cement too??? :)

Brittany Roscheck said...

Haha, I love Bimmy's hair in that last picture. He is just about the cutest little guy I've ever seen.

Blacker Blog said...

You are having way too many fun adventures - lucky!

Em&Em said...

Fun! It looks like James had a blast.

Shelley said...

Well Miss International....looks like a fun day! I LOVE the last pic. of James!!! Too cute!

charmy said...

Looks like he had an awesome time! Cute as ever, of course! Glad to see that ya'll made it and are having fun!

Tra La La Shelley said...

Looks like you had a great time. Wish I could be there to experience all of it!

Watch Me As I Grow!

Me Too!!

Marriage Rocks!

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Enjoy the music. Requests welcome.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Work in progress

"To be angry is to yield to the influence of Satan. No one can make us angry. It is our choice. If we desire to have a proper spirit with us at all times, we must choose to refrain from becoming angry. I testify that such is possible."

--Thomas S. Monson