Sunday, August 17, 2008

9 months 'n stuff

James turned 9 months old yesterday, (August 15). He is still growing but has slowed down considerably. This month he weighed in at 21 lbs. 4 oz. and he is 28 3/4 inches long. He is getting around a lot more as well. I can't leave him alone in a room at all without him getting into "trouble." Why do we even waste money on toys? He has a special knack for finding the tiniest speck of dust on an otherwise spotless floor. It is quite remarkable really. Even if he is all the way across the room from the speck of dirt, he will "army crawl" directly over to it. He is learning how to do so many new tricks. He can clap his hands and sometimes he even attempts to wave but we are still working on that.
He likes to brush his 5 (soon to be 7) little teeth. He is getting better at pulling up on things and even learned how to pull up in his crib with it at the lowest setting. He is a generally happy and smiley baby and likes to imitate sounds when he can. When we are running errands in the car he loves to make all sorts of different noises and sounds. It is his own talking practice time. And he is getting much better at saying, "mama". He is already good at saying, "dada". This is what happened when I let Bimmy "feed" himself. I'm not sure a single bite went into his mouth but he sure did have fun playing with his food. On a different note.... I got an A in my first college class (Business Law and Ethics) at TWU. (Did you expect anything else?) It was a five week course and so it was pretty intense. Lots of reading and research. But I made it through fine and next week I am taking 4 clep tests. Wish me luck! I am taking 2 classes this fall semester. Texas Government (required at Texas state schools) and Personal Financial Planning. I am confident that I will get As in those two classes as well. I will let you know. I am hoping to graduate either December 2009 or May 2010 depending on how much I can clep out of. Not too shabby considering I can only take 1 to 2 classes at a time.
On another different note... We are moving to Geneva, Switzerland in 11 days (we fly out Aug. 27th) and we have so much to do. We are getting things sold and packed but it just seems never ending. This move has been good for me to downsize a bunch of stuff that I have been keeping for no good reason. We just can't store everything. But there are a few items that I utterly refuse to part with and so we will be storing them. We just rented our storage unit today and we will start moving things into it on Tuesday of next week. We are also holding our first garage sell next Saturday. It will be combined with my two friends Crystal and Fiona. I am excited to see how we do. Anything I don't sell will be donated or taken to the dump. It does feel a bit liberating to get rid of some things after moving them so many times. We will keep you all up to date as the move gets closer but with Brian's mom and brother and my mom all coming into town to visit next week I can't promise much.

7 comments:

Crystal said...

Cute little Bimmy! I can't believe it's only 10 days away. Good thing I have this baby to occupy my thoughts or I'd be in a mild state of depression.

Stephanie Johnson said...

Nice singing on the video! :) Good luck with the packing and getting ready to move. And let me know how I can help!

corrychronicles said...

Sounds like you guys are just as crazy as us. I am so excited for you and as usual James is one cute little guy. Good luck!

Tamara said...

I can't believe it's so close. It's secretly really depressing. I'm excited for you, of course, and your mad skills in your classes but I am so blue about you moving and leaving us all!

Emili said...

I guess you'll probably be just as far away over there as you are here to me, since you don't come to visit me when we are in the same state... Still, I'm sad you'll be on the other side of the world. How long are you gone for again? Good luck with all the packing! Sorry you have to go through all that again and again and again!

Melinda said...

i can't believe you're leaving so soon! that's stressful, huh. i'm sure you're taking it in stride. you're so good. i'm excited to hear all about your swiss adventures. james is so cute. he's seems to be constantly smiling.
good luck!

Em&Em said...

Sounds like you are doing awesome with your classes. I hope everything goes well with the move. Keep in touch. James is cute even when he has food all over him.

Watch Me As I Grow!

Me Too!!

Marriage Rocks!

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Enjoy the music. Requests welcome.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Work in progress

"To be angry is to yield to the influence of Satan. No one can make us angry. It is our choice. If we desire to have a proper spirit with us at all times, we must choose to refrain from becoming angry. I testify that such is possible."

--Thomas S. Monson