Sunday, February 17, 2008

It's About Time

Well, it is offical. Brian and I have now been married for as long as we dated. Our 6 year anniversary was Saturday, February 16. We started dating in February of 1996. 12 years ago. We worked together at Shopko in Bountiful. For those of you who don't know, Shopko is kinda like a Target or Walmart without the Super part.
Anyway, I was the one who persued Brian by doing what all high school girls who like boys do. I told my best friend to tell his best friend that I liked him and that he should ask me out. Don't laugh. I know most of you did this at least once. Or you know someone else who did it if you didn't have the guts. Anyway, it took him a while to get up the nerve to ask me out and technically he didn't, ask that is.
He came up to me at work and asked,
"Are you working on Tuesday?"
I responded,
"Yes."
He then said, "Well get it off."
I asked,
"Why?"
He then infomred me, "So, you can go to the Jazz game with me."
Then he walked away.
I am not kidding that is exactly what happened. And, of course, I got Tuesday off and we went and some drunk woman dumped nachos down his back (karma for not asking me out properly) and then we went to Gringo's. It was a mexican fast food place. Then he dropped me off at home and didn't bother to get out of the car and walk me to the door. It is a miracle that we had a second date. But, to be fair, Brian did ask me out properly the second time (a lazer show that Friday) but it did take him a while to walk me to the door and even longer to get up the nerve to kiss me. And then six short years and two missions later we got married and are living happily ever after with the most perfect baby we could ever hope for.
Here is a picture that was taken the day my mom graduated from law school in May of 1996. Aren't we so cute? And so young? In case you don't believe that this picture is old, my brother in the picture, "Boy" as we call him, is now 25 and about to graduate from college. Not to mention, denim shirts have certainly not been "in style" since then either. Maybe not even then. I think that may be the same shirt that got nachos dumped on it. Anyway, here is a picture that we took Saturday night before we went to Fogo de Chao to engorge ourselves on meat. Mmmm! My how time flys when you're having fun.
Oh, and by the way, James has officially been introduced to church. He got to go for the first time today. I took a picture of him and Brian right before church. Aren't they so handsome? James was very good. No crying, but no sleeping either. He did poop, fart, coo and laugh out loud during the Relief Society lesson though. And he charmed all the people who saw him by giving a few smiles. I hope every Sunday is this easy. I think I am hoping in vain.

10 comments:

Stephanie Johnson said...

I wouldn't have believed that was Brian in the "older" picture if I hadn't heard it from you. He doesn't look the same. It's fun to hear your version of the beginning of your courtship. I only wonder what Brian's version would be like! And James looks a lot like his daddy. Hopefully his daddy doesn't act like him at church, though (I won't ask if he does, though). :) j/k

Jeanette said...

I didn't even remember Brian there that day. I never know that is how he asked you out. I should have guessed that brian didn't actually ask you out.

Crystal said...

Sundays should be that easy for about 1 more month. Love the pictures!

Crystal said...

Oops! I forgot to mention how cute the "new" blog looks

Anonymous said...

This looks just great. Post a psycho picture of me sometime. Hee-hee.
Karen Michelle Welch

Anonymous said...

poop

Sharon said...

Loved the Becky side of the first date story. Wow, is it really 12 years since I graduated from law school? You guys and especially boy really look young! Dad and I both LOVED the first day at church photo, too.

Val said...

I love that 1996 picture! I remember when Brian was on his mission and you had a countdown poster in your room. That was the funniest thing I have ever seen!

Heather said...

That is still how I picture Jason! Funny. You'll have to post a current picture of him sometime. Ah, that picture takes me back...

Emili said...

Church is fun now, just wait until he can run around (but he's not old enough to put into nursery). Sarah likes to stand in front of the chorister and lead. Noah's favorite thing to do in RS was play the piano. They should really have a "pre-nursery"for those kds who are big enough to get into everything, but too little for nursery!

Watch Me As I Grow!

Me Too!!

Marriage Rocks!

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Enjoy the music. Requests welcome.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Work in progress

"To be angry is to yield to the influence of Satan. No one can make us angry. It is our choice. If we desire to have a proper spirit with us at all times, we must choose to refrain from becoming angry. I testify that such is possible."

--Thomas S. Monson