Saturday, February 16, 2008

3 Months

Just a quick update on James. He is 3 months old today. I called the doctor's office to see if I could bring him in for a weight and height check. They said, "Yes". So I drug him over there and, of course, he pooped all over the place at the office. And when I was taking his clothes off to clean him up he was laughing his little head off. Something about being naked is really funny to this kid. I guess he takes after his mommy. Oh well. I got what I wanted. He is officially 16 lbs. 4 oz. naked except a fresh diaper. He is 24.75 inches tall. And his head is 16.75 inches around. That means that he gained 1 lb. 10 oz. from last month and he grew 1.5 inches and his head got 1.25 inches bigger! For all you percentile people out there. He is 90-something for weight and 70-something for height and head. I personally like the picture approach to measuring so I have included the following so y'all can he how much he has grown in 3 months. The pillow is a great way to see how he has grown.

During the last month James has learned a lot of new tricks. He loves to bat at things and grasp items. Although his hands are still some of his favorite things to stare at and suck on. He really likes books and we read together all the time. Here he is trying to turn the pages of his favorite book.

This is a picure of James watching his mobile. He thinks that is pretty cool as well. Every time I put him under it, it's like he has never seen anything so interesting in his life. Here he is about to cry with his lip stuck out all sad and his eyes huge and welling with tears. I think it is so cute when he cries but I still feel bad for him so I don't get many pictures of him doing it. Usually he only cries when he is tired or hungry and so I feel bad making him wait for food or sleep while I get my camera out. It makes me feel like a mean mom.And here we are showing Daddy our newest toy. The Baby Bjorn has come in handy. I should have taken it with me when I went shopping for James' first church suit the other day. He likes to look out and doesn't like the car seat. And because James is officially 3 months old now he gets to attend church for the first time on Sunday. I will take a picture of him in his suit and post it later. It is super cute. Thanks, Burlington Coat Factory, for always stocking little suits and such for a reasonable price.

7 comments:

Crystal said...

I told you that Elmo book was good! I love the lower lip!

Anonymous said...

Hey Becky,
Just wanted to say hi since we haven't talked for a while. I've been busy with school. The temple has been good though. Happy Anniversary! I'd call you but I am sure you guys are out to dinner somewhere nice.
Love, Wu

Stephanie Johnson said...

It's hard to believe how fast he has grown. Thank goodness we don't grow that fast in six months! :)

Val said...

That picture with the pillow thing was such a good idea! It's amazing to see how much bigger he is!

Val said...

PS Josh and Jenalyn have a blog now. There's a link on mine to theirs!

Shelley said...

what a cutie pie!! I love that he takes after his mom when it comes to nudity! You better be careful with the window in the front door now!! :)

Rocketgirl said...

He looks like such an angel! I'm a really bad mom - I'll pull out the camera a video her massive breakdowns. I mean, if she's hurting I'll be careful, but those tantrums are fair game:)

Watch Me As I Grow!

Me Too!!

Marriage Rocks!

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Enjoy the music. Requests welcome.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Work in progress

"To be angry is to yield to the influence of Satan. No one can make us angry. It is our choice. If we desire to have a proper spirit with us at all times, we must choose to refrain from becoming angry. I testify that such is possible."

--Thomas S. Monson