Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Holy $#%@!!

Okay, so today I was chillin' with James at about 11 am (he was eating) and I noticed that he was pooping. He didn't seem to be trying too hard so I wasn't really worried. All of a sudden, I noticed this warmth rushing up my arm and onto my legs. Seconds later my nose was assaulted with the most noxious smell ever.
I thought, Oh $#%@!
And sure enough there was $#%@ everywhere. All over me. All over James. Everywhere. Words cannot describe the mess that was made. And yes, I did actually think that word. Poop is not what happened today. $#%@ happened.
It came out both legs and up his back. It was even on his ears and arms and hands. I was totally grossed out. My first thought was to trade Brian places for the day so I tried to call him to see if I couldn't go to work today and he could come home to deal with the $#%@ but he didn't answer. Typical. And, of course, James kept trying to put his hands into his mouth. Yuck and a half! Needless to say, we took a bath. Maybe this is karma coming to get me cuz my mom infomed me that I did the worst poop blowout that she has ever had to deal with. At least we were at home and not out somewhere or in the car. Can you imagine if this had happened on the plane last week? I would have died!!
I think his outfit is ruined but I did spray about half a bottle of Spray n' Wash Advanced Cleaning Gel onto the mess. I washed it once and it faded but I will have to try washing it again with bleach this time.
I took a couple of pictures but they don't even come close to doing justice to the horrible mess and not to mention the smell. Too bad there is no scratch n' sniff on blogs.

So that is pretty much my day. Today it was filled with $#%@. But I can't complain too much as James is now down to sleep for the night and will not wake up till tomorrow at 5 am. I am gonna need some rest to get over the horror of today anyway. I wanted to use bleach on me and James in the tub but I refrained. I am a germaphobe after all.

7 comments:

Crystal said...

Well, I certainly don't miss that!

Stephanie Johnson said...

I would say gross but I deal with that at least once a week! I can't believe your hands were clean enough to take pictures. I couldn't stop laughing while reading your blog! Oh, I found the trick to getting out poop stains: soak the clothes in a container with water and Oxyclean for several days. Believe me, it works no matter how bad the stain.

Emili said...

My first though is - What kinds diapers are you using anyway? I've had my share od blowouts before, trust me, but I found that diapers can actually play quite a roll in how bad and how frequent they are. I used Huggies at first cause I figured they were the best, but they exploded all the time one me! Now I use Walmart's Parent's Choice Brand and I almost NEVER have that problem anymore! I think different diapers fit different babies - I'd start by trying a new brand! (Or you'll probably see this again soon!)
Still, FUNNY! And part of being a Mom!

Shelley said...

You crack me up!!! Welcome to motherhood! And there are still so many gross and weird things to come in the future. Get used to it! Thanks for the visuals...wait till he's on solids!

Val said...

This will not be the last this will happen--just wanted to warn you!

Tamara said...

This post was not a good pep talk for a soon to be mom. I was so sad on your behalf! GROSS! Oh well...at least I'll know who to talk to now when that happens to me!

Unknown said...

This couldn't have happened to a more deserving person. Your blowout used up 1/2 box of wipes on the side of the road, took 30 minutes to clean, and since there was no such thing as Oxyclean back then we abandoned your clothes on the side of the road. At least your car seat and the seat under the car seat were vinyl or the percussions could have been truly disasterous!

Watch Me As I Grow!

Me Too!!

Marriage Rocks!

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Enjoy the music. Requests welcome.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Work in progress

"To be angry is to yield to the influence of Satan. No one can make us angry. It is our choice. If we desire to have a proper spirit with us at all times, we must choose to refrain from becoming angry. I testify that such is possible."

--Thomas S. Monson