Well, we really celebrated our Thanksgiving on Sunday with a few other families but since today is the "real" day....
We really lucked out this year. We were invited to do Thanksgiving at a friends home and all I had to make was the mashed potatoes, green bean casserole (it did not turn out using the european ingredients that were available to me. totally sad.), an appitizer of veggies and cheeses, and a non-pie dessert (i made some sugar cookies and homemade frosting). So, as you can see, all the hard stuff was made by other people. They made the turkey (it was amazing) and homemade rolls (you can't have Thanksgiving without them) not to mention, they made some super yummy pies too. All in all, it was a great day!
Even James chowed down on the carrots and celery that were cooked with the turkey. He thought they were so yummy and every time we didn't get them on his tray fast enough, he would bounce up and down in the high chair and start making his little noises to let us know to hurry it up. It was hand over fist eating for him.
I am a bit sad that we are the only ones (on both sides of the family) that are not going to be home for Thanksgiving this year but then we haven't been home for about 5 years so I should be used to it by now. I'm not. I think next year I will try to go home right before Thanksgiving and then come back right after New Years. That way I can get all the big holidays in one extended vacation. And I will get to do some Black Friday shopping. This will be the first time I miss it.
Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays cuz it is all about family to me. It is the one holiday that anyone that is American or is in America can get into. It crosses religions and cultures and everything else that other holidays don't seem able to do. It is all about being Thankfull and being with your family. Who doesn't have at least 1 think to be thankful for? I know I have lots. Too many to list. So, let me wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving!
Can't wait to see those of you who will be in Utah during Christmas time. Well, I will actually be there from Dec. 14th till Jan. 23rd, so if you will be there during that time, lets get together!
Oh, and James is doing a bit better today. We took him to the doctor this morning just to make sure he was all good and they said that he just has a really nasty cold. Darn cold season! It did snow here last weekend...
Thursday, November 27, 2008
Happy Thanksgiving
Labels:
Family,
Holiday,
Switzerland
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Work in progress
"To be angry is to yield to the influence of Satan. No one can make us angry. It is our choice. If we desire to have a proper spirit with us at all times, we must choose to refrain from becoming angry. I testify that such is possible."
--Thomas S. Monson
--Thomas S. Monson






5 comments:
Happy Thanksgiving to you too! It's nice you at least got together with some friends - that makes it a little better. Glad to hear that James is doing better, and the rest of you for that matter.
Glad you had fun and that James is feeling better.
I am glad you guys had a good Thanksgiving. For December I know family comes first, but I always enjoy seeing you when you come to Utah.:) Maybe if you are bored call me.
Yay for Thanksgiving. I bet it was hard to find all the ingredients to make your dinner but it looks like you guys pulled it off. Now hurry up and come home. We miss you.
Remember we had Thanksgiving dinner at the church with the missionaries in Tours? That was pretty fun. And one of them made pumpkin pie from scratch that was sooooo good.
Post a Comment