Saturday, November 15, 2008

Happy Birthday James!

Saturday, November 15, 2008, was Bimmy's birthday! Yes, 1 year ago (at 2:43 p.m. Central time) he was born. I can't believe it has been a whole year. I'm not sure what to say about it. We didn't even get dressed for the day. It was so fun. We just kinda sat around and chilled all day. Here he is opening his presents from one of his Gramma's that arrived just on time for his birthday. He loved all his present from everyone. Thanks so much!
I made him his first cake (read first sugar ever). It was a carrot cake made with as much organic ingredients as I could find. And olive oil instead of regular oil. He mostly made an enormous mess with it but he sure had fun doing it. Before. (No, there was no frosting. I'm not that nice of a mommy. He didn't seem to miss it).
During.After. Most of it was just flung joyously to the floor. Then we spent the rest of the day doing more nothing. It was a great 1st birthday for Bimmy! Here are a few pics of him from the last couple weeks. ( Since my last post). Enjoy.
Here he is playing in our "backyard". There were tons of leaves and at first he didn't dare move through them. Then he got over it and started playing.Here he is uncleaning his room that I just cleaned. It is really one of his favorite past times. He just loves to pull the books onto the floor and revel in the mess he has made. He sits right in the middle of it and just shuffles things around till they are perfect.Here he is playing at the park. Notice the dirty mouth? Yes, he insists on tasting everything. It totally grosses me out but I'm getting over it.Here he is showing off his newest ability to immitate on demand. Sorry it is sideways. That is Brian's fault.

We can't wait to see what the next year will hold for him...stay tuned to find out...
Oh and for those of you who wonder if James ever stops smiling. (I get asked that a lot). Yes sometimes he does stop smiling. Here he is about 10 seconds after he got up on Sunday morning.And here he is about 3 seconds later. What can I say? He is just a ham. He loves to cheese it up like his momma. Thanks, Aunt Karen, for the great birthday jammies! I love them!

9 comments:

Rocketgirl said...

Congratulations to you two for surviving a whole year with a baby boy!! I love LOVE the smirk he's sporting in the last cake licture. You saved yourself some serious cleanup wthout the frosting - Solei jammed it into every place she could and it took at least half an hour to scratch it all off!

Trevor said...

Happy Belated Birthday little Bimmy. Looks like you had a great time with your mommy and daddy. Btw, B&B I hear plans for the holidays are flying around like debris from the socal fires. We should nail down specifics so that we're all in the know ASAP.

Crystal said...

Happy B-day James!!! I am surprised you put the whole cake in front of him.

Rich and Nickie said...

Don't they grow up so quick! So I hope you don't mind that I'm blog stalking, but I'm much better at blogging than the facebook thing. This way you know our blog. It's been fun seeing what you are up to.

aftonelam said...

What a fun boy you have. I am glad that he had a fun-family b-day. I do not blame you for the frosting. That is all that Evangeline wanted to eat. He is cute and happy, just wait until they get independant and sassy. Evangeline casn say no 50 different way. I love the new wallpaper on the website.

Stephanie Johnson said...

Cute blog header! Happy birthday James. I'm so glad you got to eat your entire cake. In all of my 30 years, I've never seen a child have their whole cake to eat. Very interesting. I miss you terribly, Becky! It's not the same without you here (and I'm not as informed either). Take care!

Emili said...

Happy Birthday! He's adorable! Enjoy not giving him sugar. I did that with Noah and it was awesome, but by the time Sarah came around, Noah knew what it was and I just gave up. Oh well. :) She just eats the frosting and leaves the cake. HA! I'm thrilled you are doing so well!

Tamara said...

No way is he that old! What a handsome little dude! :)

corrychronicles said...

He is soooo cute! I can't believe he is one, it goes way too fast.

Watch Me As I Grow!

Me Too!!

Marriage Rocks!

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Enjoy the music. Requests welcome.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Work in progress

"To be angry is to yield to the influence of Satan. No one can make us angry. It is our choice. If we desire to have a proper spirit with us at all times, we must choose to refrain from becoming angry. I testify that such is possible."

--Thomas S. Monson