Monday, November 3, 2008

Happy Bloggerversary to us!

It has officially been 1 year since we started this blog in honor of James impending arrival. I can't believe how fast it has gone and yet I am excited to see what the next year brings as well. So, 1 year and 74 posts ago (including this one) this whole thing started. Hope it hasn't been too boring for y'all.

Random things that have happened in the last year (not in any particular order).

1. James was born. This was totally the most important event.

2. We moved to Switzerland.

3. Brian was promoted to manager at work.

4. Becky turned 30!

5. James more than doubled in size. (Good thing it wasn't me).

6. James got 7 teeth.

7. Becky had her first hospital stay and surgery (when James was born) of her life.

8. Brian has tried tomatoes more than once in Switzerland. (This is pretty much unheard of as tomatoes are the "forbidden fruit" according to him).

9. Brian has also eaten "raw" meat here. (This is a major step for him as well).

10. Becky speaks less than Brian at church. (That is cuz I can't speak French well yet. I will be making up for lost time soon).

11. We actually had home teachers show up at our house once. (Kinda weird. What are you supposed to do with them? I haven't really had home teachers come since living with my parents in Bountiful).

12. Becky has learned how to function without a car using public transportation. Not happily but she is dealing.

13. Becky went back to college to finish her degree.

14. We had our first visitor here in Geneva! Thanks, Geoff, for visiting! This is a hint for the rest of you.

15. We got our first "care package" from home. Thanks, Mom, we loved everything you sent. This is also a hint for the rest of you!

16. We inspired lots of family and friends to start blogs of their own so we can keep in touch with them better and see what's happening in their lives. Including Brian's entire family (even Tra la la la la) and one of Becky's sisters.

That is all. We can't wait to see what happens in the next year...

6 comments:

Rocketgirl said...

Congratulations - that is one heck of a year!!

Crystal said...

That's amazing that Brian is talking more than you at church!! No matter what the reason.

Tamara said...

Long live Becky's Blog!!! Happy anniversary!

Blacker Blog said...

Happy, happy, happy, happy anniversary. I'm glad to have known you during your blogging year!

Em&Em said...

I enjoy reading your blog and I am excited for the blogs to come. Happy Anniversary!

The Eilembergs said...

Happy blog-iversary!

Watch Me As I Grow!

Me Too!!

Marriage Rocks!

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Enjoy the music. Requests welcome.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Work in progress

"To be angry is to yield to the influence of Satan. No one can make us angry. It is our choice. If we desire to have a proper spirit with us at all times, we must choose to refrain from becoming angry. I testify that such is possible."

--Thomas S. Monson