Well, it has finally happened. Bimmy is totally sick. Well, we all are. Brian even stayed home from work yesterday. This is the first time he has actually been sick. I don't count little runny noses which he has had 3 of those already.
This time counts cuz he is really acting sick. He took 3 long naps today and went to bed at like 5:40 pm. Yesterday, he went to bed at the same time and didn't get up for the day till 7:40 this morning. Yes, he is officially sick. He has a mega runny nose and a cough. And worst of all, he has a little Bimmy fever. His cheeks got all pink and rosy and he really just wanted to snuggle all day long. Luckily for me, he hasn't been too cranky, mostly just way tired and he really didn't have much energy at all today. Needless to say, today is his least smiley day (since he started smiling). He even fell asleep in my arms (that NEVER happens) this afternoon at the start of his 3rd nap. I feel so sad and I have been doing everything I can think of to make him more comfortable. I gave him a nice lukewarm bath and I gave him lots of water and offered as much food as he would eat. Here is a pic of him sleeping this afternoon. I took his clothes off on purpose so he wouldn't be too hot and get overheated. That is what "What to Expect the First Year" said to do. I also tried some of my less "conventional" methods. Yes, I broke out my homeopathic home kit and gave him some fever remedie. I also mixed a bunch of Juice Plus in with his cereal and upped his dosage of probiotics, all in an effort to boost his little immune system. Hopefully, he will be back to his normal, happy, Bimmy self soon.
On the bright side, despite his boogers and cough, he has had no breathing troubles. So I am counting my blessings. Boogers and coughs are annoying but breathing problems are another, way bigger, problem. I will keep you posted on his speedy, hopefully, recovery. If he isn't doing better tomorrow, I will take him to the equivalent of the Insta Care here. Apparently, pediatricians don't do sick visits. They just have you take them to the Emergency Care Clinics. Weird hu? At least it doesn't cost us any more than the doctor visit would. Switzerland does some things a bit different. Not bad, just different.
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Sad Bimmy News
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Work in progress
"To be angry is to yield to the influence of Satan. No one can make us angry. It is our choice. If we desire to have a proper spirit with us at all times, we must choose to refrain from becoming angry. I testify that such is possible."
--Thomas S. Monson
--Thomas S. Monson






2 comments:
Sorry he's not feeling well. It's hard to see them so miserable - but on the bright side, nice when they sleep so much. He'll get better soon enough. I'd just enjoy the break and give him lots of snuggly love. If you're daring, you can always try a garlic enema. He'll be running around again in minutes I hear... I haven't tried it myself to be honest, but it does cross my mind every time the get sick.
Bummer. Obviously he's not exposed to much sickness (like siblings with germs). Lance just finished breathing treatments since he was diagnosed with Bronchiolitis this month. He's doing better. I hope James gets better soon (at least he sleeps when he's sick -- some kids don't).
Post a Comment