Thursday, June 17, 2010

Week by week 44

(April 25-May 1). On April 27, Johnny turned 10 months old. It is hard to get a kid that age to lay still for a photo with a stuffed animal. And to stretch out so we can properly see how big he is getting. During the last few days of my sister's visit we stayed close to home. We visited les bains de Paquis which is a public swimming area that sticks out into the lake. There is a little place that is separated just for little kids and there is also a very convenient, good and cheap restaurant where the plat du jour (plate of the day) is only CHF12 (a really good deal). It was too cold to swim so we just let the kids play on the pebble beach and in the sand boxes that were there. We did have lunch as well. I want to go back there but it just hasn't been warm enough this summer to get out there. Look at the beautiful views of Lake Geneva and of the city too. We also went to Parc des Evaux which is a huge park about a 15 minute walk from my house. During the summer there is a little train that runs and a place to play. There are also lots of soccer fields and even a proper track (a real quarter mile). We went with my friend Mimi and her kids. James' very favorite person (besides family) is Mimi's daughter, Holli. They usually get a long great.
Just an example of a normal time at my house with 2 busy boys. I'm constantly being "wrestled" and "loved" and "snuggled". It is fun.
My sister went home on April 28th. I almost cried on the way home from the airport. It was a sad day. James kept looking at all the airplanes for days after that and wondered if "Wu Wu" was on them all. Thanks for visiting, Wu. We had lots of fun with you and Ry Ry. Come again!

1 comment:

Brittany Roscheck said...

Oh! That almost makes me cry now! I miss you guys! I'll skype in the morning. Back from Cali now and in need of some rest!

Watch Me As I Grow!

Me Too!!

Marriage Rocks!

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Enjoy the music. Requests welcome.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Work in progress

"To be angry is to yield to the influence of Satan. No one can make us angry. It is our choice. If we desire to have a proper spirit with us at all times, we must choose to refrain from becoming angry. I testify that such is possible."

--Thomas S. Monson