Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Week by week 41

(April 4-10). Wow. I am behind. I'm going to get caught up someday.

Easter morning. James was so excited about his new kitchen and he was even more excited about the chocolate candies hiding in the loot. He proceeded to make "soup" with the candies on his stove. Johnny was mostly content to chill in Daddy's lap.
The Easter Bunny brought a lot of new sand toys from Ikea and James insisted that we go play in the sand right after his nap. It wasn't exactly a nice day but we enjoyed ourselves anyway. The boys got buried in the sand from the waist down and they thought that was great fun. Brian also taught James about digging tunnels which he thought was a great trick.
James also had his first Easter egg hunt. We used our own dyed eggs and James was very excited to find the eggs. Johnny was napping. Overall Easter turned out to be a lot of fun family time.
We also played with friends a lot this week in the sand box. The kids were so excited to find a bunch of bugs on the ground that they all had to lay there and check them out for a while.
And the best part of this week was the arrival of my baby sister Wu (Brittany) and her son, Ryan. Ryan is 5 weeks older than Johnny and it was so fun to have my sister here with me. The boys enjoyed some bath time.
We took a gondola ride up to the top of Le Saleve (a nearby mountain in France) and hung out for a while. It was fun and relaxing. It took poor Ryan a while to adjust (it is always worst coming out here I find).
The first week we mostly enjoyed local diversions so that Ryan could get in some extra sleep. We used all of our sand toys.
We played in the "back yard" (our huge green area behind the apartment building). The weather was awesome and the flowers were blooming.
Stay tuned for more posts coming soon now that I am out of school for the rest of the Summer and we are no longer stuck in Utah (a story for another post).

2 comments:

Brittany Roscheck said...

Cute pictures. Wow, was it really that long ago that we were over there?! I never did get any pictures off your camera. Also, email the best family pic. from our July pictures so I can get it printed for Karen so she doesn't have to deal with it.

The Eilembergs said...

so excited to see updates!

Watch Me As I Grow!

Me Too!!

Marriage Rocks!

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Enjoy the music. Requests welcome.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Work in progress

"To be angry is to yield to the influence of Satan. No one can make us angry. It is our choice. If we desire to have a proper spirit with us at all times, we must choose to refrain from becoming angry. I testify that such is possible."

--Thomas S. Monson