(March 28-April 3) Happy Easter! Yes, I know it is a bit late but this is our Easter week post so better late than never.
James was very excited to bring home this "hot air balloon" that he made at preschool. He is doing very well with his French and can understand most things (but he still responds mostly in English).Because of the holiday Brian had a few days off work but we didn't go anywhere (we were saving money for a trip when it was warmer weather). We (I) decided to take advantage of the extra days off and we spent them doing some fun outings.
We played in the park. Johnny had lots of fun as you can see.
James did too. Brian taught him how to roll down a hill and jump down a hill and he really thought that was fun. He also thought he was pretty cool as he drug a large "stick" around the park too.
Brian also taught James about digging a tunnel in the sand. He thought that was great fun. We also buried our kids (just from the waist down) in the sand and they enjoyed that (I didn't have my camera when we did that).
It wouldn't be a real week without a mess. This time James made the mess on himself in permanent red marker. We invited the missionaries over for dinner and James was just too excited to eat. Brian decided to turn on a movie on the computer and left James in the living room so we could eat in peace. About 1 minute later James came running into the room to show off the "picture" he had drawn for the missionaries. At least he got a little bit of marker onto the paper. (No the marker was not in a convenient place for James to find but he got it anyway). He also got a mega scrub down in the tub.
This weekend we decided to--finally!--go see Chateau de Chillon on the other side of Lake Geneva. It takes about an hour to drive there from our place. It was a BEAUTIFUL day! Can you tell? The kids did great and had almost as much fun as us.
We also decided to visit Signal de Bougy. It is a large park/recreation area (animals, playground, restaurant, golf, camping, etc.) up on the mountain overlooking the lake. It is about 30 minutes from our house. It is AWESOME! The kids loved it. It had so many different playground toys and there were lots of baby animals that had just been born too. Lambs, baby goats, piglets, chicks, etc. It started out a bit cold (we got there early) but then it warmed up and we really enjoyed ourselves. We ate lunch at the restaurant there and bought some fresh-out-of-the-brick-oven bread that was to die for! James especially ejoyed the zip line (not pictured) and I did too.
On Easter "eve" we colored a bunch of eggs. It was lots of fun. Brian, James and even Johnny got very creative with the eggs. See how seriously James is taking this egg coloring task? Johnny getting in on the fun.
The beautiful result.
On Easter morning James got very excited when he saw all the cool things the Easter Bunny brought him. He was super excited when he saw the little chocolate eggs that that the bunny had left hidden amongst the toys.
It took a lot of work (for Brian) but the little Ikea kitchen was all ready for James when he woke up. He loves it and he makes me food every day. He also got a bunch of new sand toys and finally got some real bedding for his bed. Johnny Lu shares James' toys and he got a little doggy to pull around and a walker. It was a great day.
We ended up having Easter dinner with some friends and so all I had to make was some cookies and the roasted potatoes. It rocked! Johnny enjoying a little morsel.
Family picture after dinner.
James after dinner. He didn't eat much with so many friends around but he played a lot.
Me and Harmony and Alma.
Doesn't that dinner look good?
We had a great lamb feast with roasted potatoes, fruit salad, bitter herb salad, roasted asparagus, deviled eggs (of course), fresh baked bread, cookies and tarts. And we had great company! Hope your Easter was as good as ours!
Monday, May 17, 2010
Week by week 40
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Work in progress
"To be angry is to yield to the influence of Satan. No one can make us angry. It is our choice. If we desire to have a proper spirit with us at all times, we must choose to refrain from becoming angry. I testify that such is possible."
--Thomas S. Monson
--Thomas S. Monson






3 comments:
Yummy, I want some of that food! It looks so good. I love the picture of Brian doing a goofy smile. Now we know where James gets it from.
It looks like you are having a great time there. Your lives are so full of adventure and fun. LOVE IT. Also, I love the patters of the fabrics.
No, I won't be in Texas or Utah any time soon. We will be in Arkansas in July.
That red marker incident sounds all too familiar! I have to lock all permanent markers far far away! It's one of those things you're mad about but then at the same time, it's too funny to be mad.
BTW I am going to just miss you again in June (you said you were going to be in slc then right?) I am going to be in Vegas then. Moises has a conference there so I thought I would tag along and have my parents meet us there since they love going there and it's close.
Post a Comment