Monday, May 17, 2010

Week by week 39

(March 21-27) This week was also filled with relatively good weather. We took advantage. We went to "Hippo Park" which is the most lovely, tiny, fun-filled park I have found. It has everything and is all compact so it is very easy to keep track of the kids. It also happens to be right above the river so it has a beautiful view. And the bus is not too far away either so it is easy to get to. In one of the pictures you will notice Johnny-Lu following James around with his buckets full of sand. James didn't want Johnny to spill his sand and Johnny really wanted to spill that sand. (Although there are no pictures of it, we met some friends there for a kebap dinner/pic-nic). It was fun.More park time. Do you know how hard it is to get a picture in focus of a kid on a swing while you are trying to push them and make them smile? Not too easy! See! But notice how the background is in perfect focus.
We took advantage of the good weather and started walking to gymnastics. Isn't he too cute?We looked for and found a cat on the way. James is trying to feed it grass. This was before it took a swipe at his face.
This was after the cat took a swipe at him. Notice the distance?
I don't have anything to say about this picture because I don't have any idea what he is thinking here but he decided that it would be fun to stick his head in the dirt. The "real" smile and the smile I get when I ask Bubba to smile for a picture. They are both cute.This month John-Luke turned 9 months old! I can't believe how fast the time flies with the second. He is really the most gentle and happy and easy baby ever! If all my babies were this easy then I really could have a few more. Too bad that isn't a guarantee.
This week's mess. I had just vacuumed for the 2nd time when I went to put John-Luke down for a nap. James found a bag of crackers in the diaper bag and decided it would be fun to squish them into little pieces and strew them about the freshly cleaned living room. He also decided it would be fun to fill every crevice in one of J-L's toys (the blue thing that is upside down) with the "crumps" as well. He was so exited about this mess. As soon as I walked in the room he exclaimed, with lots of joy, "I made a mess!!!" Notice how he is very happy to pose with his mess. And I deserve kudos for just laughing and taking pics of this and the I just used the vacuum (which I hadn't even put away yet) for the 3rd time.
Some of you may know that Bubba has a jumping fetish. Seriously. He has to jump off of every surface that is over 1 inch high. Well one day this week he decided that he wanted to jump down our stairs in front of our building. He did this for about an hour. He also picked the spring wild flowers that were growing in the grass and handed them to every stranger ("friend" to James) that passed by on the sidewalk. He would run up to them and pretty much attack them with a "Bonjour" (hello in French) and then he would tell them that he had picked them a flower (in English). It was too cute! And the "friends" were all really nice to him. I'm just glad that he sees people and assumes they are his friends. He really is such a friendly little guy.
It was another good week with our two boys.

3 comments:

Brittany Roscheck said...

Oh, I am missing the boys now! Can't wait to see you all soon though!

Sharon said...

Soooooo CUTE!! Can't wait for your visit!

Harmony said...

you're amazing for just laughing at the mess! How do you know you won't regret it later though? I always am afraid of letting things go for fear of encouraging them to keep happening and then when I decide i'm not okay with it anymore it being impossible to change! I think you are an excellent mommy and I really look up to you.

Watch Me As I Grow!

Me Too!!

Marriage Rocks!

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Enjoy the music. Requests welcome.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Work in progress

"To be angry is to yield to the influence of Satan. No one can make us angry. It is our choice. If we desire to have a proper spirit with us at all times, we must choose to refrain from becoming angry. I testify that such is possible."

--Thomas S. Monson