Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Week by Week 37

(March 7-13) Well, if last week was lazy this week was not! We did lots of stuff and we have the pictures to prove it! James loves to run around in his undies and he loves to do all sorts of "tricks" too. So we often combine these two loves and James does many tricks in his undies. He loves to be watched and cheered for. He always asks, "Can you see that?" Which is his way of asking if we saw him. Here is a collage of Bubba being his usual spunky self at home. I'm pretty sure that his gymnastics class has him convinced that he can do anything. He even tries to climb up the walls and doors. Johnny-Lu continues to enjoy food. He really likes his avocados. Don't they look yummy? I just love all the funny looks he gives me as he is eating. If I leave the avocado a bit chunkier then I really get some funny looks as he tries to "chew" it up. He can't really chew with no teeth. It is more like gumming them up.
While Johnny-Lu enjoyed this particular meal, Bimmy and I made an "Edpa shake" which is basically a super healthy shake. It looks pretty yummy eh? Don't be too fooled. There is no sugar or other sweetener and we did add a bunch of spinach, flax seeds and some walnuts for added nutrition. Although, I find that frozen grapes are pretty sweet as are frozen strawberries. This shake had grapes, raspberries, blueberries and plums (all frozen). We try to mix it up and do at least one "Edpa shake" each day. James is fully convinced that it will make him big like Edpa which makes me laugh since my dad is not big. He also thinks it will make him strong like daddy and smart like Grandma and cool like cousin Jaxson and bla, bla, bla. We change it often to include many of our cool family members. Notice that James puts his shake back on the blender so that he can pretend to mix it over and over. I often get strange looks from parents when James is playing with kitchen toys. He is always making pretend shakes with plenty of noisy sound effects. It is pretty similar to his leaf blower sound effects.
Saturday was nice enough that James and I decided to venture out for a couple hours to the park and to walk around Onex. Here he is enjoying the park that is across the street from my house.
Examining nature and an old plow that is stuck in the grass in the middle of the road. Literally, but there is also a bench so I figure it is okay to play there (it is a pretty big grassy area in the middle of the road). James refused to go home for over 2 hours and only after looking diligently for cats did he finally get so tired that he asked me to carry him the last 2 blocks and he was almost asleep when I got him home.
Just some cute pics from this week. This is Bubba when he is trying to smile at me. James is very entertaining to Baby. He bops his little bum up and down and laughs as James jumps on my bed. (Yes, my bed is always unmade.)This picture cracks me up. Mostly because James is being such a goof in the background.
And John-Luke is getting some hair, FINALLY! He has a little Skullet in the back where his longest hairs are growing.
As I have mentioned before, James loves friends and having friends over is so exciting for him. Pretty much every time the doorbell rings he thinks it is the "Missionmarries" as he calls them. He pretty much refuses to sit with us during church and insists on sitting next to each missionary (for a few minutes before moving on to the next one). He loves to show off for them. For some reason, he particularly loves this Elder from Paris. He came to our house for the first time this night and James could not get enough of him. I'm going to have to get him a little missionary tag soon.
I'm going to start making John-Luke say "up". It was about this age that I started making James say it every time he pulled up on my and gave a little grunt. I get this view a lot of John-Luke. Mostly when I am cooking in the kitchen or trying to use the bathroom or cleaning. Or any other time he doesn't have my 100% attention. We also still love our bubble baths here. I'm really loving this bubble bath that I bought for James (California Baby Super Sensitive Bubble Bath). It rocks. No smells. No irritating ingredients. And it lathers great! Perfect for a small kid who likes to taste the bubbles and use them as whiskers like mine does.
He thinks he is pretty clever hiding in the bubbles like this. As you can see we had a fun filled week and the weather started warming up nicely!
Stay tuned for lots of outside pictures in the coming weeks!

5 comments:

Brittany Roscheck said...

Super cute! The Edpa shake really make me laugh.

Sharon said...

A REAL Edpa shake looks like a mixture of mud and algae, but your red one looks like it tasted pretty good! Bubba in bubbles--hmmm, this child really likes getting his picture taken, huh?!

Jenalyn said...

You ar eso cute!!!!! and so is your family. I can't wait to see ya'll again...someday. I just want to put James in my pocket! Love you!
Jenalyn

Emili said...

Come back to the blogging world! I'll comment more! I miss you! :)

Jenalyn said...

When are ya'll coming back? What are you plans when you do move back to the USA? Is NJ in the options? I sure hope so.

Watch Me As I Grow!

Me Too!!

Marriage Rocks!

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Enjoy the music. Requests welcome.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Work in progress

"To be angry is to yield to the influence of Satan. No one can make us angry. It is our choice. If we desire to have a proper spirit with us at all times, we must choose to refrain from becoming angry. I testify that such is possible."

--Thomas S. Monson