(February 21-27) It has been seriously FREEZING here! Needless to say we have been staying indoors. James needs some creative outlets and I try to accommodate him but he has never left that everything-goes-in-the-mouth stage. That makes it hard to get out lots of crafting supplies because he often just chews on them and that really kinda bugs me a lot! Well, I finally found something that he can ruin and I don't seem to care. Watercolors. They are so easy to just wash off! This week we did a bit of painting. He ended up taking all the little paint buckets out and stacking them into a "temple" which he loves doing with most anything that is remotely stackable. Sometimes he stacks castles and towers too.
As you can see Bubba got a lot more paint on himself (right around his mouth!) than on the paper. These are the times when I love my removable shower nozzle that I can just take down and use as a huge hose on him! Oh, and he gets such a kick out of seeing himself in the mirror prior to the clean up. He really loves being that messy! (Except he does not like to be sticky or to have boogers dripping down his face. yea!)
Now you are going to have to enjoy some random pics from this week. Johnny-Lu continues to move like crazy. He perfected pulling up and started working on cruising around the furniture.
I'm not sure why but every time I see a pic of James running it makes me happy. He loves to run and jump. I hope it makes you happy to see him so happy too!
These are his "frog-on-my-bump" jammies. I think it is really a grasshopper but James believes it is a frog.
We go out as often as possible and visit the local indoor play places. This is why.
Luckily, it is washable kids paint but I did get pretty irritated that the pink was wasted (I even tried to scrape it back into the bottle). These paints are now safely 7 feet off the floor. Even I have to climb to get to them. Bubba is very resourceful and now I generally keep the chairs stacked on the table when I have to do anything like feed the baby or clean (doesn't happen too often). Ready for a hose down! I think we go through 2 and sometimes 3 outfits every day!
Johnny-Lu is so darn fun right now (except when he thinks he is starving and I don't immediately drop everything to feed him). Unfortunately his cuteness is being marred by many little bruises from falling down a lot. Notice the two straight bruises that he got from taking a head dive onto the t.v. stand (the corners are covered but not the straight edges). Still though, isn't he adorable despite the bruises? Just eating some avocado mixed with home-made rice cereal. Yum!
We also FINALLY made it to the Swiss Temple on Saturday. It was a most glorious day! The work was great and we traded babysitting with our friends which worked out great for us and not at all for them. Their car had trouble on the way so my friend went into the temple alone while her husband dealt with the car people. I felt bad that they didn't get to go in together. Don't you love the blue sky we enjoyed?On the way home, James fell asleep. He woke up about 10 min before we got home. It was not a pleasant 10 minutes. At all. He was very mad! I think me taking pictures made it worse.
But it was worth it to go here. (And that is saying a lot coming from me, the mega nap stickler).Saturday Johnny-Lu turned 8 months old. He is getting a bit difficult to pose properly for his monthly photos. As you can see he is too busy to stop for a photo with a monkey. (Don't worry the scrub brush is one that I bought as a toy for James' little kitchen and so it is clean).
I can't believe how much faster the time goes with the second kid! Next up: Johnny-Lu's 8 month pics!
Thursday, March 18, 2010
Week by week 35
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Work in progress
"To be angry is to yield to the influence of Satan. No one can make us angry. It is our choice. If we desire to have a proper spirit with us at all times, we must choose to refrain from becoming angry. I testify that such is possible."
--Thomas S. Monson
--Thomas S. Monson






5 comments:
Your boys are soooo cute and luscious. I just want to reach into the screen and SQUEEEEEZE them! By the way, you must be on a shopping spree. Boxes arriving here every day. Wu will have quite the pile to take over there. After our Skype call to you yesterday, Jo is sold on it and plans to get a camera and have Josh do the same, so she can see his boys more often.
Sooo cute! Don't you love kids some days, when they make messes, they are messy and they just love to do everthing you don't want them to do. Don't worry, it only gets better and they quit doing all that stuff. Watch out, John-Luke is going to start all that stuff soon. . . . . .
We're looking forward to coming over and don't worry Ryan will help clean up the messes... He eats everything off the floor. Just kidding, he'll just add to the mess. Sorry!
Holy cow, someone had fun with the watercolors! Asher does the same with markers. He thinks its more fun to color on everything else EXCEPT the paper. Thank goodness for crayola's washables!!!!!
I have a great finger paint recipe if you want it. If not, you can always finger paint with instant pudding. yummmy!
Post a Comment