Monday, January 26, 2009

I'm Back

Well, I finally made it home on Saturday night. The trip could have been worse and it could have been better. James did relatively well considering he doesn't sleep too well outside of his bed. We boarded the plane in Salt Lake and then the fog rolled in and the airport was closed for 2.5 hours. So, yes, we got to sit on the plane for 2.5 hours before we could take off. That put us an hour late into Paris and so I rushed quickly to get to my next gate only to find that the flight was delayed because the Geneva airport was also closed, due to weather. We finally made it into Geneva at about 4:30ish and then I went to customs and waited, and waited, and waited for my bags. They didn't show up so I had to go talk to the baggage people and they took all my info and said they would deliver them as soon as they arrived. So we finally got home around 5:30ish.
My bags did come the next day at around noon so that was good. That is all for now. I will post about my holiday vacation later but I am still battling with the time change and school started last week so I am trying to get into that groove again as well. Stay tuned. I promise to post something within the next day or so.

7 comments:

Stephanie Johnson said...

I'm glad you made it home ok. Good luck getting back to normal life again! It make take a while after being gone that long. :)

Ann said...

Becky it was SO great to see you again. What a trooper thru that flight mess (you AND James). I will keeping watch on you here and I'll send you an invite to mine (just email me). Chow! codyandann@hotmail.com

corrychronicles said...

Sounds like you had way too much fun traveling. Good thing you had so long in Utah to gear up for it. Thanks for the great pictures of that cute little boy.

Emily said...

Wow! That was a long trip! I hope you had fun seeing everyone again. Sorry we missed you. You'll have to give us an update once you are all settled in again.

Harmony said...

somehow that sounds like an all too typical flight to geneva, at least the baggage. waiting in the airplane! i have serious issues with that! thats just not right. sounds like you have a good attitude about it. We've missed you. i think we're too busy this week to get together though, until Friday night that is. hope you can come!

Emili said...

We sat on the runway in chicago once for that long - such a pain! They even showed a movie and served dinner while we waited. That would be hard to do with kids!

Brittany Roscheck said...

Becky,
Give me a call sometime. I am not home on Tuesdays and Thursday when you would be up but Wednesdays and Fridays are good. Except not this Friday. Anyway, we miss you and little Bimmy so much! Love, Wu

Watch Me As I Grow!

Me Too!!

Marriage Rocks!

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Enjoy the music. Requests welcome.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Work in progress

"To be angry is to yield to the influence of Satan. No one can make us angry. It is our choice. If we desire to have a proper spirit with us at all times, we must choose to refrain from becoming angry. I testify that such is possible."

--Thomas S. Monson