Monday, March 31, 2008

Sweet Treat and a Little Sausage

I know this is something silly to blog about but with Brian working so much I am bored and needed something to do. Anyway, yeasterday I was blog surfing and came across the Picky Palate (thanks, Brooke, for having it on your blog). I found a recipe for Extreme Toasted Marshmallow Candy Bar Rice Krispy Treats. Yes, that is actually the name of the recipe. It said it was a way to get rid of extra Easter candy so I decided to make it and Lemon Bars for dessert tonight. They were a pretty big hit so if anyone ever has need of a relatively quick and easy and kid friendly dessert then give this a try. I used Kit Kat candy bars but the recipe says any chocolate candy bar. Think Snickers, Milky Way, Baby Ruth...use your imagination. For the recipe from the Picky Palate click here. I have never taken pictures of my cooking creations before but I decided to do it today. I expecially like the close up picture. Don't they look good? I'm sure all the Fila family (my side) can hardly believe that anyone would eat this stuff. I'm also sure that my dad and probably my sisters will call to tell me that I am slowly poisoning myself but who can resist a little poison once in a while? Especially poison this good. Maybe this is why I am much more plump than the rest of my family.

I also have a new favorite pair of jammies for James. I think he looks like a little sausage in them. Totally squeezeworthy. He is offically in 12 month jammies which are much more expensive but his feet were getting too squished in the old ones so I finally bit the bullet and got some. The price jumps from 3 for $10 to 3 for $25 with this size. At least the weight range is from 17 to 22 lbs. so we should get more use out of these than the other sizes that he went through so fast. I tried to get him to smile but it was bedtime and so he just looked at me like I was crazy to be flashing bright lights at him and trying to get him to smile. But he was very patient with me. Unsmiling but patient.

7 comments:

Sharon said...

Wow--so much lusciousness-Jeanette (who has had no chocolate for 24 hours) would kill for some of that rice krispie kit kat treat. James looks so poured into the new sleeper, I am having a hard time imagining him in the same suit at 22 lbs. I am totally jealous of Shelly getting to squeeze him so soon. Also Love the cute Easter photo. He looks so manly.

Jenalyn said...

Mmmmmmm, kit-kats are my favorite and those pictures made my mouth water. I love the look on James' face. I think that you could even go up a bigger size. He looks pretty squished. What a cutey!!

Jenalyn

Crystal said...

I hope you plan on bringing me a piece!! Also, I just love your little sausage. He gets lots of love when I'm holding him!!

Tamara said...

There has never been a cuter sausage than that little guy. How can you stand how adorably squishy he is?!?

Anonymous said...

Becky,
I am leaving you a comment because you told me to. I guess this way you know that I actually come to your blog and look at your very cute little sausage. He is getting cuter by the day. I wish I could love him up a little! -Wu

Val said...

did you have to include the close-up picture of the treats? I can almost taste them...

Emili said...

Okay so, my new favorite place to browse is the picky palate. WOW! She has a recipe on there for starbucks coffie cake - HELLO. I'm off to the store to buy a million ingredients so I can make some of her recipes. I am also planning on picking up some Kit Kats because your treat looks soooooo yummy I have to have some. I don't have much extra Easter candy, we never got much in the first place - my kids are still little enough that we can get away with that!

Watch Me As I Grow!

Me Too!!

Marriage Rocks!

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Enjoy the music. Requests welcome.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Work in progress

"To be angry is to yield to the influence of Satan. No one can make us angry. It is our choice. If we desire to have a proper spirit with us at all times, we must choose to refrain from becoming angry. I testify that such is possible."

--Thomas S. Monson