Monday, March 24, 2008

Happy Easter and an update

Happy Easter to everyone. I just realized that I haven't posted any new photos of James for almost a month. Oops. So I have posted a bunch for your viewing pleasure. James is offically 4 months old and is growing like a weed. He was weighed and measured on March 14th and here are the results. He weighed 17 lbs. 12 oz. He was 25 3/4 inches long and his head was 17 1/4 inches around. All in all, he is right on track. He has been learning a few new tricks as well. He is finally big enough to really appreciate some toys. He loves to put anything and everything that he can grab into his mouth. Everyone thinks he is hungry all the time since the first thing he does is try to eat anyone or anything around but I assure you all he is not starving.I mean if he was then he wouldn't be growing so well. And he is trying really hard to turn over. We have also been working on sitting up. He can hold his balance for about 5 to 10 seconds before he falls over and starts to laugh. He still loves taking his baths and being naked. James is finally ready to sit in the stroller for real instead of the car seat on top of the stroller. He likes my walks better this way so that makes me happy. But I still bring the baby bjorn along JIC (just in case). He is still sleeping well and he has been doing really well at church.
We even took a weekend trip with Brian to Austin last week and James did relatively well considering it is a 3.5 hour drive. We are planning another trip down there soon to go shopping at the outlet malls at San Marcos, TX when Brian's mom Shelley comes to visit in April. I promise that I will start posting more pictures of James. At least once a week. I sure take enough. I probably have over 700 photos of him by now so I will try to keep the blog pictures updated. After all, he is the reason I started this blog in the first place. Here are a few photos that we took today before heading off to church. I just loved this little striped blue shirt that I found at Old Navy. I got the tie at the Children's Place outlet by my house. It is a built in chew toy, or so James assumes. I think he looks extra handsome and so grown up in his church clothes. Don't y'all agree? I have an appointment on Tuesday to get his picture taken professionally so I will post those pictures this week. Don't forget to leave us a comment. We love to hear from you.


9 comments:

Stephanie Johnson said...

What a cute boy! I love the new church outfit. I can tell you picked it out since it matches you! I do that a lot too with my kids. :)

Shelley said...

He did look extra cute in his little shirt and tie! All grown up! Cute pictures!!!

Crystal said...

Cute! I really love the photos in his green shirt in the picture flick. There are a few you need to scrapbook of just that, they are so cute.

Jeanette said...

Grandma Sharon says: Oh my goodness! Could he look any more Easter luscious?! Just needs a few peeps (all organic of course!)and plop him in an Easter basket! Mmmm good!

Tamara said...

I know you say he cries every once in a while but I don't think I believe you! He's so cute and happy. Can I order one just like him?

Blacker Blog said...

You're not going to believe this, but Dekan weighed the same amount when he turned one! You think it's great now, but wait until he's two and still wants you to hold him - you'll break your back! Very adorable!

Rocketgirl said...

Baby is adorable, but Becky, you look amazing! Motherhood looks good on you:)

Emili said...

Enjoy the baby chub while it lasts - cause it 8 months it will all disappear! Once Noah hit about 19 lbs he stayed the same weight for like 6 months! It's amazing how fast the change and thin out!

corrychronicles said...

Brian and Becky James is such a cutie. I love all the pictures you have posted. He has such a personality. Watch out!!!!

Watch Me As I Grow!

Me Too!!

Marriage Rocks!

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Enjoy the music. Requests welcome.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Work in progress

"To be angry is to yield to the influence of Satan. No one can make us angry. It is our choice. If we desire to have a proper spirit with us at all times, we must choose to refrain from becoming angry. I testify that such is possible."

--Thomas S. Monson