So, in case you didn't already know, we are moving yet again. This time though we are going somewhere interesting. We are moving to Switzerland. No, they don't speak Swedish there cuz that is spoken in Sweden, a totally different country. Actually, in Switzerland, people speak mostly German, French and Italian. Switzerland is located in the middle of Europe. It borders on France, Germany, Austria, Italy and Leichtenstein. We will be living in Geneva, which is a city that juts out into France. It is on the map. Basically Brian's work allows people to do what they call a "rotation" in a different country for 2 to 3 years. We are starting out with two and it is renewable for a 3rd by mutual agreement. This is something that we have wanted to do since we got married and now seems like the perfect time so we are doing it. Brian starts in Geneva on September 1. We will probably move right before that. After we are done with the rotation then we come back and Brian is obligated to work for KPMG for 1 year more. Basically, he gets his old job back plus whatever raises he would have received had he stayed here. I know, it is a really sweet deal. We get to go live in another country and still have a job to come back to afterward. Oh, and I know that Australia won the pole but we like Switzerland best so that is where we are going. And Brian already speaks French as he served in the Geneva mission. I plan on brushing up on French. I hope I can retain my Spanish at the same time. And like I said before, visitors are welcome!
Tuesday, March 18, 2008
Visitors Welcome!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Work in progress
"To be angry is to yield to the influence of Satan. No one can make us angry. It is our choice. If we desire to have a proper spirit with us at all times, we must choose to refrain from becoming angry. I testify that such is possible."
--Thomas S. Monson
--Thomas S. Monson






7 comments:
WHAT!!!!! No, I didn't know and either did Josh. That is so cool! It is a little crazy but so are you so it all works out. Your post are going to be so fun to follow. I'm going to live vicariously through you for the next couple of years!!! I'm really happy for you.
To answer your digital scrap question...I started off with photo shop but then discovered www.fotofusion.com chick it out you can down load a demo and play with it but what ever you do has a water mark on it so don't do a master piece. I love this program and since I bought it tey have done some great updates and it is even better. Call me anytime. 732-251-5654 I love scraping!!! Oh, the best site is www.digitalscrapbookplace.com they have a great shop, best prices, and tons of freebies. The president of the company lives in McKinney TX.
love you,
Jenalyn
Thanks for the geography lesson - I am one of those ignorant Americans that knows nothing about any other country, nor have I ever been outside the country. I know, pathetic. But, am so excited for you! That'd be a fun trip to make if at all possible.
wow! that will be really cool for brian to live in his mission again! are you sure you don't want to move to maracaibo?! yeah, once was enough for me, too. i'm really excited for you, you're so lucky. stock up on cool scarves and funky shoes!
Well I'm still angry about it...but you can make it up to me by sending me lots of European chocolate. And by letting us come visit!
Just kidding. I'm really excited for you guys. This is the chance of a life time! I'm jealous and excited for you. You'll have to keep up on your blog so we can stalk you from afar!
Switzerland seems like a nice place to live in! I live in Sweden & I can't understand why it's so hard for Americans to separate Sweden & Switzerland. It's two totally different countries! ;D
Hope you like Geneva!
What in the? That is dang cool. You'd better keep in touch!
Fila,
This is Redd. Thanks for keeping me updated on your little family. Your baby is precioso. Did you hear that Jon and I went back to Venezuela 2 summers ago? It was amazing. Anywho, we are still in Nashville (3.5 hrs from Atlanta) and we would love to visit. Any time better for ya'll?
Besos,
Em
Post a Comment