Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Week by week 32

(January 31-February 6). This week was all planned out and then James got a cough (totally random). We skipped a few things but mostly just informed our friends about the cough and played anyway. We started Monday morning with a breakfast birthday party for my friend, Harmony. My other friend, Alma, set the whole thing up. It was super fun to get together in the morning and Alma made some awesome cinnamon rolls and fruit salad with yogurt. It was perfect. Me, Harmony (the birthday girl) and Laura.
Alma, Harmony and Laura.
Playing in the kitchen. I recently discovered that my floors were really gross. Know how I found out?
Johnny-Lu's clothes were dirty from crawling along the floor. Gross! So I have started being more diligent about mopping. I already vacuum a lot (like daily or more than once a day) but I wasn't as good at mopping. I'm doing pretty good and Johnny-Lu's clothes are staying much cleaner (except when he eats),
Don't you love this luscious physique? and that smile?
I'm not sure why but I love these jammies of Johnny-Lu's. They fit so nice and snug.
I can see all of his yummy rolls! Johnny-Lu has been drooling non-stop! Still no teeth!
We had good enough weather (for a few days) to enjoy a bit of outside time. Here is Bubba throwing me a ball. He actually throw pretty good for a 2 year old.
And we also had to explore all around. There were sticks to touch and water to poke and other things to see and feel too.
Baby even got to get a bit dirty. I let him sit down but he had a hard time in his fluffy outfit and he really wanted to touch the ground so sitting didn't last long.
Checking out the grass and stuff.
Just checking out the sky. It was a beautiful clear-blue day!
Attempting a smile. Notice the dirt on his face. He loves getting dirty.
Exploring some more. He just let his hands dig right in. He was so excited to be touching something new.
Happy baby.
Doing some gymnastics.
More exploring and discovering.
This week was also the first week of James' new jardin d'enfant (preschool). It is Monday and Wednesday mornings for 3 hours. He really seems to like it. He does cry for about 30 seconds when I leave him but then he gets over it and jumps right in with the other kids. The teacher tells me that he really loves gymnastics and music time. They also do crafts and even cook. And it is all in French so James' French will soon be better than mine for sure.
We also went to "Priate Park" this week with Alma. It was warm enough but it was also super muddy! James even fell into the mud. Then we went to Alma's house for some quesadillas and mangos. It was a super easy meal that I am surely going to copy sometime. Johnny-Lu was very patient sitting in the stroller at the park.
James was running around to the slide and the swing and this park even has a fun zip line that he played with. It was too muddy for me to get anywhere near it.
He really enjoyed swinging.
Baby was content to just watch everything happening. Thankfully.
I also signed up for a parent/child gymnastics class on Monday afternoons. James has really enjoyed it so far and John-Luke has been good to mostly play on the sidelines. James really likes when we make a human balloon that pops. (We all hold hands and squish together and then "blow up the balloon" until it pops and then we either run back to the middle while the air gets out or we just fall to the ground). He thinks this is super cool. All the physical stuff is right up his alley. We also continued going to La Petite Decouverte to play and overall had a good and busy week.

2 comments:

corrychronicles said...

You are certainly keeping yourself busy--sounds fun to be able to take a mom and child gymnastic class. How is the running? you dont blog about that. . . .

Jeanette said...

They are so cute Lexi wants to know why Bimmy and baby have not come to visit at her. I told her that we better go visit at them. She decided to make a jar to save her monies so next year we can go visit at them. We are getting a few jars now. I make her earn some money when she wants something big like Sea World or Disney passes for the year. So you have now just made our 3rd jar.

Watch Me As I Grow!

Me Too!!

Marriage Rocks!

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Enjoy the music. Requests welcome.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Work in progress

"To be angry is to yield to the influence of Satan. No one can make us angry. It is our choice. If we desire to have a proper spirit with us at all times, we must choose to refrain from becoming angry. I testify that such is possible."

--Thomas S. Monson