I am officially the worlds biggest slacker. James turned 20 months on the 15th and here I am finally posting about him turning 18 months old. I feel like I pretty much ignored the last 6 months of his life on this blog except for posting about trips that we have taken as a family. A lot of it has to do with the fact that I was overloaded with school but that isn't really a good excuse. All I can say is that I swear to be better in the future. Now, about the last 6 (really 8) months...
James has gone from this... (taken the day after he turned 1). to this in 6 short months. (taken the day after he turned 18 months).
Basically he turned from a crawling baby into a running little boy!
Some of his major accomplishments are...
1. Walking at 14 months and running shortly thereafter.
2. Going to a "big boy" bed at 17 months. (Yes, he does sleep with his little bum up in the air).3. Talking up a storm. His favorite things to say are body parts and animal sounds. And he loves to talk about bugs and outside things like dirt and trees too.
4. Climbing everything.
5. Being generally a happy, lovable little guy. He loves giving out kisses and saying "hello" to everyone he meets. He also loves having his picture taken so that he can see himself.
6. He still thinks that daddy is the coolest person in the whole wide world as you can tell from the following videos.
On the bright side of things, I did have a photo shoot done of James which was taken "on location" in downtown Geneva by my friend Harmony who happens to be a great photographer as well. Here is a SMALL sampling of what she took. (Please excuse the 8 month pregnant belly).
























Didn't they turn out great? Thanks, Harmony!
Saturday, July 25, 2009
18 months & counting
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Work in progress
"To be angry is to yield to the influence of Satan. No one can make us angry. It is our choice. If we desire to have a proper spirit with us at all times, we must choose to refrain from becoming angry. I testify that such is possible."
--Thomas S. Monson
--Thomas S. Monson






9 comments:
Those pictures are so stinkin' cute! I love the background for where you guys were. He definitely got his mommy's ability to cheese it up!
I love the pictures! You look adorable too, especially with your preggo belly.
How could you have waited to post those pics?? Man, if I had pictures that made me look that fabulous as a pregnant chick, I would have posted them immediately!! Your little man is ADORABLE!!
Ditto to Wu's comments! You are both professional cheesers!!
James has gotten even cuter than when we last saw him. Very adorable pictures! We just got pictures taken of Lance (and the other kids too) on Saturday so I'll have to post those soon.
Those pictures are awesome, what a handsome little dude, I swear he is one of the happiest little kids ever. Again, can't wait to see you guys in just over 2 weeks--YEAH!!!
he's such a cute little boy and that setting is adorable. lucky you to have a such a talented photographer friend.
What a big boy he's getting to be!!! Ashe has those same p.j.s; the ones with the green and brown stripes and the truck on the front.
those pictures are amazing, had to save a few for myself! I love, love, love them!
Post a Comment