Sunday, December 7, 2008

Le Marche de Noel

Well, we finally ventured out again yesterday. We just haven't gone many places lately with the weather being so cold and James getting sick. So I told Brian that this weekend we needed to get out and go somewhere just to shake things up a bit. We heard about a Marche de Noel (Christmas Market) that was going on in Montreux on the other side of the lake from us and it sounded like as good a place as any to check out. We rented a little car and off we went (with our rented GPS) to find the market. It took about an hour to drive around the lake and it was rainy and gray but we got there with no problems and then went to check things out. When we got there we immediately sat down to have a bit of lunch as James was hungry. He had a pretzle and some grilled chicken while Brian and I enjoyed some cheese fondue, hot chocolate and hot apple juice. It was very yummy. You can see James was too busy eating his pretzle to be bothered to smile for the camera. You can also see his red little nose as it was pretty cold out.Then we set off to check out the rest of the market. I must admit that most of the market wasn't super Christmas focused but there were a few fun things to see. I was looking for a couple of specific Christmas items that I thought I might not find but Brian has such a good eye that we finally spotted exactly what I was looking for. (I can't tell you what I was looking for as they are gifts to people at home).
James did get a bit irritated and finally fell asleep in his stroller for about 30 min. toward the end of our stay. Miracle! After checking out all the booths we strolled through a couple of stores that were close by and found another perfect gift for someone back home. Here he is in his irritated stage. He just made some irritated noises and then started sucking on his fingers like he usually does when he is experiencing something unpleasant. All in all, it was a fun day and we enjoyed getting out of the house together, even if it was raining the whole time. We were also going to try to go to another medieval market that was going on at a chateau just a few minutes away but we just didn't end up with enough time. We plan on going to that one next year... The market was right on the lake which was beautiful even though the day was gray.

2 comments:

Brittany Roscheck said...

Becky,
That looks lovely. How fun to get out and see all the neat things around there. It is finally snowing here. Unfortunately. I really have enjoyed the good weather and I have become a little bit anti-snow. It just makes life more difficult. However, it really is beautiful. It is coming down heavy so my guess is that it will stay.

Harmony said...

Bummer that you didn't get to do the castle. We did the opposite! We did the castle, which really is a cool experience with all the medieval people and their wares, but Paisley was not happy the whole time and freezing, so we left before doing the other marche! Maybe next year we'll go together and see it all!

Watch Me As I Grow!

Me Too!!

Marriage Rocks!

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Enjoy the music. Requests welcome.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Work in progress

"To be angry is to yield to the influence of Satan. No one can make us angry. It is our choice. If we desire to have a proper spirit with us at all times, we must choose to refrain from becoming angry. I testify that such is possible."

--Thomas S. Monson