James has officially ended his two naps a day era. We are officially a one nap a day family. I am happy and sad at the same time.
I am sad cuz I really enjoyed going back to bed for his first nap every day. On the other hand, I am happy cuz now his one nap is a bit earlier in the day than his second nap used to be and so I am freed up a bit to go out and enjoy myself without feeling like a bad mom for sleep depriving my child. He still goes to bed at 6 pm every night so I have no complaints there. It is just sad to see him growing up so fast. We tell him every day to just slow it down a bit but is not listening.
On another bright note. Maybe this need for less sleep will help with the 14 hour plane ride that we have coming up on Sunday as we travel to Utah. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!
Also, after losing a bit of weight while he was super sick, James has started eating lots and lots. I feed him about every 2-3 hours during the day and he eats and eats and eats. And then if I eat anything (even if it just after he has finished eating) he is all over that too. Silly Bimmy.
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
The end of an era :(
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Work in progress
"To be angry is to yield to the influence of Satan. No one can make us angry. It is our choice. If we desire to have a proper spirit with us at all times, we must choose to refrain from becoming angry. I testify that such is possible."
--Thomas S. Monson
--Thomas S. Monson






7 comments:
Of course he as to eat all the time, he needs to maintain his chubby physique! :-) Also, I hate to tell you this, but taking 1 nap may actually make the plane ride worse b/c he'll more time where he's awake and wants to be on the go. Bring lots of food and toys for him.
Well now you're not going to have to schedule your day around 2 naps either! Asher is still on 2-3 naps so we can only be out and about for 2-3 hours at a time which sometimes can get challenging.
Looks like y'all are still having a ball. I tell my kids all the time to stop growing up so fast, too, but they just laugh at me. I love the new place!
I love your new apartment. It looks very nice Becky. I am glad you guys are doing well. Tell Brian Happy Belated Birthday! I am behind on all my blog reading sorry I missed that one. I hope the plane ride goes well when you come to Utah.
It is always so hard when they go from 2 naps a day to one. I am getting ready to face the "no nap" phase and I think that will be so hard for me.
i love your new apartment...and so you know they don't slow down...ever! Seth is almost as tall as I am and I think he's smarter than me too. Seems like just yesterday that he would snuggle for naps with me...Enjoy him while he's little
Becky! I love reading you blog and catching up on your international saga :) I hopey ou guys enjoyed the holiday's back home.
So you'll have to to Brian, I'm starting with PricewaterhouseCoopers in september, and am taking my CPA exams this summer -yikes! It's good to know that Brian survived it all, I don't think I'll have any personality by the time I finish...
Miss you, hope your little trio is doing great.
love,
Claudi
Post a Comment