Can you belive it? James has officially been out longer than he was in. It took long enough. Unfortunately, I do not have any official stats this month. I didn't want to try to find a pediatritian until I knew where we were going to live and I could ask around for some recommendations. He looks healthy enough to me. I was actually expecting James to get sick pretty quick when we got here because of all the new germs that he has been exposed to (the plane ride, a new continent, public transportation and lots of people touching him all the time) but fortunately he has stayed his normal, healthy, happy self. He really likes to brush his teath like his "Edpa". (My dad is a dentist who refuses to be called "Grandpa". Instead, he insists that all the grandkids call him "Edpa". His name is Ed. I'm sure he will be happy to know that James brushes his teeth with a smile.)
But that doesn't mean he hasn't tried to get himself into some trouble. He has learned a few naughty little tricks since we got here. First, he loves, loves, loves to climb on things. He has learned how to climb onto the super low coffee table here and from there he climbes onto the couch which he uses as a steping stool to get onto the table. He likes to play with the coins that we keep in the ash tray (gotta put it to some good use).
I can't even turn around for 2 minutes without him getting himself into some precarious situation. Yes, he has fallen a few times (I haven't been able to get there every time). Mostly off the bed and couch but he is learning that the edge can mean pain so he is being a lot more careful now. But that doesn't stop him from trying new ways to get hurt. He also has learned how to climb up his stroller.
This he cannot get down from on his own and so he just starts yelling for help. Mostly it is an urgent grunt that he makes. This usually happens when I am trying to get the dishes done and so I just turn around and help him down at which time he immediately starts trying to climb up again. Silly Bimmy.He has also pinched his little fingers in various cupboards and such here in the hotel. It is very hard for him to understand that if he wants to get his hand out he needs to stop pushing the door closed with this other hand. That makes him particularly mad. Don't worry, he hasn't lost any blood but he has had a few little bumps on the head that last a couple of hours.He has also decided that he hates the hotel as much as I do. When we come back from any sort of outing he starts to whine as soon as we walk in the door. See picture below for proof.
I would too if I were a baby (Brian would say that I do whine about the hotel). Hopefully the situation will be remedied soon. James is growing and learning like crazy and he is happy as ever. Every day it seems he is learning new things. It is so fun when he discovers a new skill. It will be fun to see where he is next month....
Monday, September 15, 2008
10 Months.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Work in progress
"To be angry is to yield to the influence of Satan. No one can make us angry. It is our choice. If we desire to have a proper spirit with us at all times, we must choose to refrain from becoming angry. I testify that such is possible."
--Thomas S. Monson
--Thomas S. Monson






4 comments:
James is growing too fast. He is so cute.:)
Being in a hotel is such a confined space. We did that in Virginia it was hard. I hope something comes up soon for you guys.
By the way I like the money ash tray. LOL
I see that you ended up bringing your big stroller to Geneva after all. It looks like you will use it a ton! James is very happy and cute. Lance misses him (and I miss you). BTW, Dessert Divas isn't the same without you. An inactive member (whom I had never met) and I were the only ones that showed up on Thursday. It was such a bummer.
It looks like you have your hands full with all of James' new discoveries!!! He is too cute! Hope you had a fun weekend and enjoyed having Geoff out! So your birthday is coming up....any plans? When do you find out if you get your apartment...that would be a great gift!
He is getting so big! He's absolutely adorable.
Post a Comment