Today James is 8 months old. Lots has happened in the last month. He has learned to sit up really, really well. He has perfected the scoot. He got his first tooth (It is visible in the picture above if you look really close. Yes, it is that tiny speck of white on his bottom gum.) and he got his first "solid" food (mushed up, organic avocado)
He is becoming such a messy little eater! But oh so cute!
He is continuing to grow as well but not nearly as fast and today he weighed 21 lb. 2 oz. and was 28 1/4 inches long.
James aka Bimmy (short for Baby Jimmy) is getting into everything. If there is a room full of toys and 1 speck of dirt he will go directly to the dirt and try to eat it. He likes to chew on anything and everything. Probably because of his teething but I have to admit he hasn't been grumpy just a little sleepier than usual. See him here getting "caught" with his hand about to poke a fat finger into the electrical outlet. Naughty little Bimmy! He actually looks a little shocked that I caught him.
Bimmy loves to play games on mommy and daddy's bed like "Ima gonna get you" and "Peek-a-boo". He loves to get nakie and take baths and to play in the water. He loves to play with his reflection in the mirror. He loves to jump and scoot and he especially loves it when daddy comes home! I think Brian is more fun than me. I think this is a curse that many mothers have. The not-as-cool-as-daddy curse that is. Oh, and he still loves to suck on this two fingers. We are working on such things as pulling up, standing, and clapping. I will let you know when we have them mastered.
Bimmy says, "da da", "ba ba" and grunts regularly and he says, "ma ma" when he is upset which is not very often.
He is continuing to grow as well but not nearly as fast and today he weighed 21 lb. 2 oz. and was 28 1/4 inches long.James aka Bimmy (short for Baby Jimmy) is getting into everything. If there is a room full of toys and 1 speck of dirt he will go directly to the dirt and try to eat it. He likes to chew on anything and everything. Probably because of his teething but I have to admit he hasn't been grumpy just a little sleepier than usual. See him here getting "caught" with his hand about to poke a fat finger into the electrical outlet. Naughty little Bimmy! He actually looks a little shocked that I caught him.
Bimmy loves to play games on mommy and daddy's bed like "Ima gonna get you" and "Peek-a-boo". He loves to get nakie and take baths and to play in the water. He loves to play with his reflection in the mirror. He loves to jump and scoot and he especially loves it when daddy comes home! I think Brian is more fun than me. I think this is a curse that many mothers have. The not-as-cool-as-daddy curse that is. Oh, and he still loves to suck on this two fingers. We are working on such things as pulling up, standing, and clapping. I will let you know when we have them mastered.Bimmy says, "da da", "ba ba" and grunts regularly and he says, "ma ma" when he is upset which is not very often.
This picture was taken a couple of Sundays ago. James was so exhausted after church that he fell asleep in the car and didn't even wake up when Brian placed him on the floor to change his diaper. He did wake up right after that but went gratefully down for a long nap after his diaper was changed and he had some lunch.







4 comments:
So cute! Thank goodness that avocado was organic! :-) He's a keeper.
Too cute! He seems to always be in such a good mood.
If he ever loses those awesome cheeks, it will be the saddest day of my life. So cute!
I can't believe he is already 8 months old. Time flies and he is going to change so much over the next year or two. He is so cute!
Post a Comment