Saturday, June 27, 2009

And then there were two

After two arduous days of labor and waiting, we are elated to announce the birth of John-Luke Fila Gillespie. John-Luke was born in Meyrin, Switzerland Saturday June 27, 2009 at 10:oo p.m. He weighted in at 3.460 kilos and measured 49 centimeters long (7 lbs. 10 oz. and 19.29 inches long for those on the other measurement system). Here is a good picture of mommy and baby just after delivery.

13 comments:

Emily said...

Yeah!!! Congrats Brian and Becky, and Welcome John-Luke!

corrychronicles said...

Congrats!!! I am so excited for you guys, we have been checking our email and your blog all day in hopes of news. I love the name John-Luke, can't wait to see the little guy in person.

Crystal said...

Congrats!! I can't wait for details and more pictures. I take it you had a c-section after all. I'm glad that you and baby are safe. He's a shorty like you becky. :-)

Brittany Roscheck said...

How cute. You look god Becky. He's a fat little short thing huh? We are so happy for you guys! At least the little guy is here now. I love the name. Talk to you soon. Can't wait to see him on Skype.

Crystal said...

I forgot to say the obvious. He's adorable!!! Oh and I love the blog header.

Emili said...

What a tease! I want to see more pictures! I'm happy he was a more "normal" size. He is adorable and I'll be paying close attention for when you post more.

Congratulations! Good Job Fila, you deserve a medal. :)

Letty said...

Félicitation ! WOW je suis trop heureuse pour vous, ce bébé est magninfique !
Dis donc il a l'air d'être en super santé et je suis contente de voir que vous deux avez l'air d'aller bien. On peut ressentir le bonheur que vous dégagez jusqu'ici!
Encore toutes mes félicitation et j'attends de nouvelles photos avec impatience ... take care :) et n'oublie pas de faire un bisou à cet adorable petit être pour moi :) ! Letty ...

Sharon said...

He is soooo cute!! I can't wait to see him in person! Just like his brother did at birth, this little guy looks very Gillespie to me. Becky, you look great in the pic, especially after what you went through for the last couple of days. Can't wait to see more pics.

Harmony said...

aaaaahhhh! Becky, I want to hear all about it! tell me when you're ready for a visitor or a call! love you, and congrats!

charmy said...

That picture is precious! We are so excited for you! I've been frantically watching for some news. Hope everything went well! Talk to you soon!

Rich and Nickie said...

Congrats! Glad to see he finally made it into this world with all that work you put into getting him here. Did you end up in a c-section. From the picture it looks like it. Hope you are recovering well. Beautiful baby!

Tamara said...

Becky, he is just beautiful. He has such a perfect little boy face. And congratulations to you and Brian. How wonderful for you. I'm so happy for you!

The Eilembergs said...

Congrats!!!! What a beautiful picture of the two of you!

Watch Me As I Grow!

Me Too!!

Marriage Rocks!

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Enjoy the music. Requests welcome.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Work in progress

"To be angry is to yield to the influence of Satan. No one can make us angry. It is our choice. If we desire to have a proper spirit with us at all times, we must choose to refrain from becoming angry. I testify that such is possible."

--Thomas S. Monson