Well, I am a little behind. James really turned 6 months old while we were in New Jersey. On the 15th to be exact. But I was busy and I have been lazy about getting these pictures up. Anyway, James went to sleep pretty early tonight so I am doing it now. I just wanted to share some pictures that we have taken recently.James is such a happy little guy and we love having him around. He really is a good baby. We can't complain. No excessive crying or too many middle of the night wake ups. But they do happen sometimes. So all in all things are going well. 

I took him to his six month checkup last Tuesday and he is officially 20 lbs. 8 oz. and he is 26 3/4 inches long. He is growing and reaching all of his developmental milestones, according to the doctor. He is learning so many new "tricks". He is "scooting" like a pro by now and can roll both ways easily. If he sees something he wants and it isn't too far away he will totally go after it. So that means I have to be really diligent about what I leave around now.
He is getting pretty good at sitting up as well. Although, he usually gets distracted by his feet and leans in to taste them and then ends up falling over when he tries to sit back up. He is also really good at getting himself into some pretty awkward positions in his crib and requires "rescuing" on a regular basis. Of course, he won't move if we are there to watch but as soon as we leave the room he is all over the place.
He loves it when we sing to him and play "I'ma gonna get you!" and "Peek-a-boo". He loves being tickled and spending time with Mommy and Daddy. Here he is with Brian about to go on a walk. He loves to look out and see everything that is going on when we are walking so he really likes the baby Bjorn for that reason.
Here he is with me yesterday just before church. He looks so good in his church clothes. I just love this little outfit and I am so excited that he finally fits into it. Brian is really good at getting him to smile in pictures.
Just a quick comparison to see how much he has grown in 6 months. He has practically doubled in size! This is right after he came home from the hospital and at 6 months next to the same star pillow. I cant' believe how much he has grown.
He is getting pretty good at sitting up as well. Although, he usually gets distracted by his feet and leans in to taste them and then ends up falling over when he tries to sit back up. He is also really good at getting himself into some pretty awkward positions in his crib and requires "rescuing" on a regular basis. Of course, he won't move if we are there to watch but as soon as we leave the room he is all over the place.
He loves it when we sing to him and play "I'ma gonna get you!" and "Peek-a-boo". He loves being tickled and spending time with Mommy and Daddy. Here he is with Brian about to go on a walk. He loves to look out and see everything that is going on when we are walking so he really likes the baby Bjorn for that reason.
Here he is with me yesterday just before church. He looks so good in his church clothes. I just love this little outfit and I am so excited that he finally fits into it. Brian is really good at getting him to smile in pictures.
Just a quick comparison to see how much he has grown in 6 months. He has practically doubled in size! This is right after he came home from the hospital and at 6 months next to the same star pillow. I cant' believe how much he has grown.








5 comments:
Wow, James has really grown a lot! He has such a precious smile -- what a lovable guy!
James is sooo Cute. They grow too fast, huh.
He's adorable! It's so fun to see how much he has changed.
I love your progression pictures with the pillow. He really is such a cute little guy. I really enjoyed snuggleing him.
Wow James IS so big! He is bigger than my baby and she is older! But both of my girls are kind of shrimps I guess. Funny story - so Chris' parents just moved to Georgia (Cumming) right by his aunt and uncle up there. We went up to see their new place over Memorial weekend and took advantage of the free babysitting and went to the Atlanta temple. I'm sure you won't be surprised to hear that I saw Sis. Johnston in the bathroom! Ha! She says that she misses you and wants both of us to move back soon! She was so sweet it was so fun to see her. I've been dying to tell you!! Ha! Miss those days in Duluth...
Post a Comment