The other day, I was trying to get James to "practice" his moving skills and all of a sudden he did this
It totally looks like a pushup to me and he does it all the time now. (Check out those arm "muscles".) I thought it was totally funny cuz he was trying to get somewhere but all he got was up off the ground. I guess that is pretty good considering his size. It is way better than I can do. I know the picure is a bit blurry but you get the idea. And here is some video that I took of James on Sunday after church.
He is showing off his strength and new mobility skills. If there is something he wants badly enough then he will work to get it. Those items generally include; shoes, phones, books and any other contraband materials that we happen to leave around. On Sunday Brian accidentally left his sunday school manual about 10 feet away and when we both weren't looking he got to it and mutilated it. We are finally going to have to "baby-proof" the house. It really is so much fun to see him grow. He is already learning how to get onto his hands and knees. Every day it seems he has a new skill. Don't worry, I will try to get these on video as well Also, a couple of days ago I was making veggie eggrolls and I happened to be using the food processor. Well, James was a bit tired and so the noise from the food processor scared him to death. There I was "chopping" the veggies in the processor and James was fine in his jumparoo in the kitchen with me and then all of a sudden I heard this super sad cry. I felt kinda bad and so I stopped the processor and tried to comfort him but I also got this picture of him crying inconsolably.
It happens so rarely that I couldn't resist getting at least one picure. (I really got a few pictures but this one is the best.) James was probably wondering why I was flashing lights at him when he was so obviously upsetI felt like a mean mom for getting the picture before getting him calmed down but I couldn't help myself. He really was afraid of the noise. He scares easily when he is tired. So basically I have the worlds strongest scaredycat baby. Go figure.
It totally looks like a pushup to me and he does it all the time now. (Check out those arm "muscles".) I thought it was totally funny cuz he was trying to get somewhere but all he got was up off the ground. I guess that is pretty good considering his size. It is way better than I can do. I know the picure is a bit blurry but you get the idea. And here is some video that I took of James on Sunday after church.He is showing off his strength and new mobility skills. If there is something he wants badly enough then he will work to get it. Those items generally include; shoes, phones, books and any other contraband materials that we happen to leave around. On Sunday Brian accidentally left his sunday school manual about 10 feet away and when we both weren't looking he got to it and mutilated it. We are finally going to have to "baby-proof" the house. It really is so much fun to see him grow. He is already learning how to get onto his hands and knees. Every day it seems he has a new skill. Don't worry, I will try to get these on video as well Also, a couple of days ago I was making veggie eggrolls and I happened to be using the food processor. Well, James was a bit tired and so the noise from the food processor scared him to death. There I was "chopping" the veggies in the processor and James was fine in his jumparoo in the kitchen with me and then all of a sudden I heard this super sad cry. I felt kinda bad and so I stopped the processor and tried to comfort him but I also got this picture of him crying inconsolably.
It happens so rarely that I couldn't resist getting at least one picure. (I really got a few pictures but this one is the best.) James was probably wondering why I was flashing lights at him when he was so obviously upsetI felt like a mean mom for getting the picture before getting him calmed down but I couldn't help myself. He really was afraid of the noise. He scares easily when he is tired. So basically I have the worlds strongest scaredycat baby. Go figure.






10 comments:
Cute. Douglas sure was interested in James moving yesterday, especially James trying to eat his toes!
He is getting to be quite the mover! I'm impressed! Now you really have to be vigilant in keeping everything little picked up....good luck. :)
Love the push up--He is so dang cute. I can't believe he is already trying to move around. Get you house prepared!!!
We have baby-proofed in steps - whenever Solei gets into soemthing new, that's our cue to move it! And I think it's just too dang tempting to take pictures of the scaredy-cat-ness. It's so sad, so sweet - although I didn't vacuum for MONTHS when it scared her. Now she likes it so much I have to do it fast or she'll climb on it for a ride. Sheesh!
(btw - the push-ups are priceless!!)
his crying picture is so cute! you're right unresistable.
that is the saddest little face ever! he is getting so big, he will be all over the place before you know it!
What a rock star baby! And after all that showing off he did, you had the nerve to take his picture in a rare weak moment where he was emotionally vulnerable. Honestly, Becky! Seriously, why is it so cute when their little faces crumple up and cry? Love the pix!
I am so impressed with his mobility! Isn't it the greatest thing when they learn new things?
I can't wait to come out and see him. Oh how cute he looks even when he is crying or should I say especially when he cries. -Wu
That is crazy! You'd better come over to our new house! We're moving in June 21st and I guess Josh and Jenalyn will come by July 1st or so. Can't wait to see you!
Post a Comment