Tuesday, May 20, 2008

New JoyZee

Well, I know we aren't supposed to play favorites when it comes to family but I can't help it. I have a new favorite cousin-in-law! Jenalyn Engstrom. She is my cousin Josh's wife. And this last week we spent with them in New Jersey.
We had to go there cuz Brian had some work training and then we both had an orientation for our move to Geneva. I thought it would be fun to hang with my cousin for a bit of time as well so I called Jenalyn and she totally opened up her house to us. It was so much fun! I wish she lived closer. This is her at the beach with her two super-cute kids, Adam (almost 3) and Zach (10 mos.).

We have lots in common and we think a lot the same so it was easy to get along with her. And Josh is my closest cousin. We are 11 days apart and grew up together when we were little.
So, the first day I arrived at their house Jenalyn and I loaded 3 car seats into the back of my rental car and headed to the beach. It was fun even if it was a bit chilly. It was James' first time at a beach and he seemed to like it. I had originally planned on stripping him down to nothing to take a naked beach bum picture but it was a bit cold for that. But I still got some pretty good pictures and James liked "grabbing" the sand with his toes. Here we are on the beach with Zach. James was pretty fascinated with the waves.James also loved watching his two older second cousins. James was totally entertained by them and they were totally sweet with him. He could watch them forever. I think our house is a bit boring for him.
Then on Thursday Jenalyn watched James for me while I had to go to the orientation with Brian. She deserves a medal of honor and bravery for this. 3 kids under 3. Crazy! But she did it beautifully. She is totally an amazing mom.
On Friday, with Brian finally able to join us, we headed to Philly and went to the mint. It was fun for all. Adam loved seeing how the coins were made (I liked it too) and Brian got to pick out a Father's Day present from the coin shop. And I also got a Philly Cheesesteak while I was there. It was pretty good. What else do you eat in Philadelphia?
On Saturday we all went to a lovely park and had lunch. Then the boys got to play on the playground and we got to see some wildlife that is on display there. The kids thought that was pretty cool. Here is James taking his first slide ride with Brian's help. He liked it.Then that night we got a babysitter and put the babies to bed and went and got some dessert at Chili's. We stayed up way too late every night but it is hard not to when you are chilling with such cool people. I was totally exhausted by the time I got home on Sunday. Jenalyn was such a great hostess and it was so fun to visit. Hopefully we can get together more often. This next picture did take place in New Jersey but it is only here cuz I thought James looked so darn cute in it. I mean it is just a bath after all. Isn't he irresistable? And last but not least I have to give a special thanks to Melissa. She is Brian's work friend from the ATL and is living in New Jersey for a couple of years. We got to have dinner with her one night while we were there. She totally saved me by letting me borrow her GPS while I was there. I would have probably gotten lost in a very bad part of town if it weren't for her. If you have ever had to drive in New Jersey to a place that you are unfamiliar with then you know what I am talking about. That place has so many weird roads it is unbelievable. It has totally convinced me that I want GPS in my next car. It is a necessity. Thanks Melissa!!

6 comments:

Stephanie Johnson said...

Haha, I just figured out what your post title said! I'm glad you had a good trip. Vacations are nice, huh?!?

Em&Em said...

Your trip sounds like fun. I am glad you guys had a great time.

Jenalyn said...

I smiled the whole time that I was reading your post. I'm so gald that ya'll had a good time. I so wish that ya'll lived closer too. Especially right now. I'm having one of those lonely days. We went to a ward activity and had some weird experiences yesterday and I'm still feeling it. OOooo James is irresistable!!!

Teryl said...

What a fun trip. I have never been to the east coast, but it sounds like it was a lot of fun.

Jeanette said...

I can't wait to see my cute, fluffy, so saussy baby Ajames as Lexi calls himm.. She is excited to see him as well.

Tamara said...

What an awesome vacay! I think every trip should include beach time...but that's just my opinion. :)

Watch Me As I Grow!

Me Too!!

Marriage Rocks!

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Enjoy the music. Requests welcome.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Work in progress

"To be angry is to yield to the influence of Satan. No one can make us angry. It is our choice. If we desire to have a proper spirit with us at all times, we must choose to refrain from becoming angry. I testify that such is possible."

--Thomas S. Monson