On the bright side of James' hospital stay. The first night that we were there on of my best friends from high school (Jiselle DeCow) was James' nurse. She was the only super close friend from high school that I had lost contact with. It was great to see her. And it was weird because I knew that I was going to see her before it happened. Brian was at the hospital with James (I had gone home to get some homework to work on while James slept) and he called me and said "Guess who is James' nurse tonight?" I just knew right then and I immediately answered "Jiselle!" I had not seen her for about 6 years so there was no reason for me to think of her but I knew. I often think of people that I haven't spoken to for a while right before they make contact with me again. Funny how that happens.
And, another bright side to this story is that Salmonella, once treated, leaves no lasting damage to the body. There are many other diseases that can leave a child with many serious problems long after the disease is gone. Salmonella is not one of them. Once you get rid of it you are better and so now James is 100% himself (except that he is afraid of all doctors now for good reason).
Saturday, November 13, 2010
Bright Side
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Work in progress
"To be angry is to yield to the influence of Satan. No one can make us angry. It is our choice. If we desire to have a proper spirit with us at all times, we must choose to refrain from becoming angry. I testify that such is possible."
--Thomas S. Monson
--Thomas S. Monson






2 comments:
I'm afraid of those doctors too!
I love the pic of you laying with him in the hospital bed - so sweet
Post a Comment