Monday, February 16, 2009

Looks like we made it...

...to the end of our marriage.
Today is our 7th Anniversary. We are still having fun! Marriage rocks!
Unfortunately, our marriage is apparently over. About 3.5 years ago, when we had been married for 3.5 years, Brian started a conversation with these words...,"Now that we are in the middle of our marriage,..." I can't remember what else he said but I asked him if he didn't expect us to last longer than 7 years and I have been counting down the time ever since. Now that it is here...well, I think we will keep it going for at least an eternity. So, if we have decided on an eternity is there really a "middle" part of marriage? I say no. One thing is for sure, we love each other more than we did back in the beginning of our marriage.
This picture was taken in June of 1996 in front of my parent's house in Bountiful, Utah. We were just 17. This is the most recent picture that we took a couple of weeks ago when we went to the Balloon Festival at the Chateau D'Oex in Switzerland. 7 random facts about Brian and me.
1. We met in 1995 while working at ShopKo. Brian was my supervisor at that job.
2. I'm older than Brian...by a few months.
3. We have now, finally, been married longer than we dated.
4. We love to travel and have been to many places together with many more places on our list.
5. Our first date was Feb. 13, 1996. We went to a Jazz game where Brian had nachos dumped down his back by a drunk Asian woman. It was hilarious to me but not to him. Especially when the lady started smearing it all over his back in an effort to wipe it off.
6. We have our own language. We are often asked what the heck we are talking about.
7. We have lots and lots and lots of nicknames for each other. Don't worry, none of them are too sugary.
...and one to grow on...
8. We have the cutest, happiest, snuggliest Bimmy in the whole wide world!! And we love him so much!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!

Crystal said...

Happy Anniversary

corrychronicles said...

Congrats on making it 7 years. I have always heard that the first 7 are the hardest so I guess it is down hill from here for you guys. We are working our way on doubling that figure and it does get better every year.

Tamara said...

Congrats! You guys are so awesome. I love that story about the middle of your marriage. What a crack up.

Lonn Hunter said...

This fall Teryl and I will have been married for 19 years!! Holy Cow.

Now we say that we have been married longer than how old we were when we started dating!

I know, we're old.

Brittany Roscheck said...

7 years and Brian still wants to keep you. Lucky for mom and dad. Just kidding. I love the old pics. How funny! Where did you get the little baby counter. I might have to copy you. You need to help me up date my blog sometime. I don't like the header. Maybe this summer. love ya. Wu

Em&Em said...

Happy Anniversary! The first picture brings back memories I remember the both of you like that. Cute! Fun times.

Watch Me As I Grow!

Me Too!!

Marriage Rocks!

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Enjoy the music. Requests welcome.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Work in progress

"To be angry is to yield to the influence of Satan. No one can make us angry. It is our choice. If we desire to have a proper spirit with us at all times, we must choose to refrain from becoming angry. I testify that such is possible."

--Thomas S. Monson