Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Grandma Shelley's Visit (Part 1)

Brian's mom, Shelley, arrived on August 31st to visit us for 2 weeks.  We kept her busy.  I'm pretty sure she could have used a vacation after this trip!  We started off by going to Yvoire in France for a day trip during the week while Brian was working.  The boys were happy and even took a nap and the weather was beautiful!  I've started noticing that whenever we go someplace to have fun that the weather seems to always be awesome for us and this was no exception.

Me and the boys also decided to take Shelley downtown to walk around a bit and we ended up at Baby Plage on  the lake and at Parc des Eaux Vives.  As you can see I just let the boys play in their undies/diaper and then got them dressed back up for the park.  It is normal for kids to go swimming here in their underwear (even little girls) until about 10 years old so we fit right in.  There are some makeshift tire swings and swinging ropes set up in the big trees on the beach and James especially enjoyed those.  Of course, another beautiful day!
 And then when Saturday came around we took Shelley to Gruyere which is an old town that sits on top of a small mountain/large hill.  It is beautiful and home to Gryueres cheese as well as double creme de la Gruyeres (basically the most sinful and awesome dessert ever)!  I let Brian take Shelley and Bubba into the castle and I took Johnny on a walk around the castle.  We stayed for a fondue lunch and then went on a tour of a real cheese factory.  Brian took the train and I drove there with Shelley and the boys since it is about 2.5 hours from home.  It is always a pleasure to go up there and the weather was again spectacular.
We love having company!
The next day we took a flight...but then that is a story for another post!  Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Brittany Roscheck said...

Wow! I remember how beautiful it was there! Missing it. I miss you all too. I told dad if Karen, Alex or Boy didn't want to go to Switzerland that I'd go and he could watch Ryan. Hehe.

Watch Me As I Grow!

Me Too!!

Marriage Rocks!

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Enjoy the music. Requests welcome.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Work in progress

"To be angry is to yield to the influence of Satan. No one can make us angry. It is our choice. If we desire to have a proper spirit with us at all times, we must choose to refrain from becoming angry. I testify that such is possible."

--Thomas S. Monson