2 months ago today,Cap'n turned 1 month old. I took him to the doctor for his 1 month checkup. He weighed in at 10 lbs 2 oz (4.605 kilos) and 21.65 inches (55 centimeters). Just to give you some perspective, James weighed 10 lbs 7 oz and was 22 inches long at birth. So, John-Luke is still playing a bit of catch-up but he is growing nicely. He grew 2.5 inches and 2 lbs 11 oz in one month! This is his one month photo (next to his little monkey).And I'm going to go ahead and say that he can roll over from his belly to his back as he has done it 4 times now in front of me. He hasn't perfected it but it is only a matter of time. He is really an awesome baby to have around. Never (and I really mean NEVER) cries. (Well except when James "accidentally" bit him. James cried too). And he sleeps about 18-20 hours a day. It is hard work to grow so much in such a little amount of time. Here he is sleeping away at my his cousin Ryan's baby blessing (Ryan is 5.5 weeks older than John-Luke). Please ignore the pink carseat as I had to borrow a carseat while in Utah. Notice his bib said "Who needs sleep?" Apparently he did.
If I could be assured of having babies this easy every time then I might be able to have some more. Especially if Brian's mom and my mom come out to help for a few months!! My mom is still here but she flies home Saturday (oh sad and wretched day). I will try to catch up a bit on my posting. I was in Utah for 6 weeks then school started and it took us a week to adjust back to Geneva and then I potty trained James. Lets just say that it has been busy. I will start by trying to catch up with John-Luke's weekly posts with a bit of Utah thrown in there.
Sunday, September 27, 2009
Week by week 5 (One month old)!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Work in progress
"To be angry is to yield to the influence of Satan. No one can make us angry. It is our choice. If we desire to have a proper spirit with us at all times, we must choose to refrain from becoming angry. I testify that such is possible."
--Thomas S. Monson
--Thomas S. Monson






3 comments:
It's so good to see a post from you! I'm glad you have such a good baby -- such a blessing. And you'll have to clue me in on already potty training James.
Girl, I was looking at some of your adventures and I just LOVE that ya'll go on adventures even though ya'll have a couple of little ones. I would SO love it if ya'll ended up living close to us. We would have so much fun together.
John-Luke is SOOOO cute. Congratulations!
Becky,
I'm officially commenting on your blog. Well, I'm done. Have a good one.
Karen
Post a Comment